"Charter Flight" option?

All the general Virtual United Discussion happens here.
UAL214 John Hoopes

"Charter Flight" option?

Post by UAL214 John Hoopes » December 17th, 2018, 2:02 pm

I spotted this option in the ACARS program and am curious about our ability to fly these kinds of custom routes/aircraft and have it count in anyway as a monthly flight or towards our stats. I suppose too, I'm interested in some other air frames used by star alliance partners but not necessarily by UAL: A350 and the BAE 146. Dont get me wrong, I love United and their aircraft, but I've seen some other nice planes out there and would like to stay under this VA's umbrella for stats etc.

UAL043 David Cross

Re: "Charter Flight" option?

Post by UAL043 David Cross » December 18th, 2018, 1:27 am

I pretty much only fly chartered. This is because that way i can fly to and from anywhere i want. Just open Acars and click new flight or whar ever it says. I enter my id the airports and select the plane I'm flying. As long as the plane is suited for the rank you can do anything you want. I can't remember the last time i bid on a flight lol.

UAL214 John Hoopes

Post by UAL214 John Hoopes » December 19th, 2018, 1:09 am

UAL043 David Cross wrote:
December 18th, 2018, 1:27 am
I pretty much only fly chartered. This is because that way i can fly to and from anywhere i want. Just open Acars and click new flight or whar ever it says. I enter my id the airports and select the plane I'm flying. As long as the plane is suited for the rank you can do anything you want. I can't remember the last time i bid on a flight lol.
Dave, thanks for the reply. I certified/captain so airframe isn't necessarily an issue, but can we fly say...a PC12? or something else not in the regular line up and its ok?

UAL008 Kevin Finch
VP Events

Post by UAL008 Kevin Finch » December 20th, 2018, 9:38 am

Please refer to 4.2 Charter Flights in the Operations Manual. http://virtualunitedairlines.org/lib/do ... ide5.0.pdf

The Bae146 is part of our First Officer retro fleet. http://virtualunitedairlines.org/index.php/fleet/fo

From the first para of our website homepage: "Virtual United Airlines is one of the most active and largest virtual airlines operating today. We offer up to 5300 daily flights to 374 airports, and with our Star Alliance partnership, that number increases to over 18,000 daily flights, 1300 airports, and a fleet of over 4,500 aircraft. If that is not enough, you can charter a flight between any two destinations using any aircraft in the United Airlines current or historic fleet.…"

In essence, if you can find the plane that you want to fly in the Aircraft drop down in the schedule, if your rank lets you fly that aircraft, and you can find a United livery, you're good to go.

UAL214 John Hoopes

Post by UAL214 John Hoopes » December 20th, 2018, 2:40 pm

UAL044 Kevin Finch wrote:
December 20th, 2018, 9:38 am
Please refer to 4.2 Charter Flights in the Operations Manual. http://virtualunitedairlines.org/lib/do ... ide5.0.pdf

The Bae146 is part of our First Officer retro fleet. http://virtualunitedairlines.org/index.php/fleet/fo

From the first para of our website homepage: "Virtual United Airlines is one of the most active and largest virtual airlines operating today. We offer up to 5300 daily flights to 374 airports, and with our Star Alliance partnership, that number increases to over 18,000 daily flights, 1300 airports, and a fleet of over 4,500 aircraft. If that is not enough, you can charter a flight between any two destinations using any aircraft in the United Airlines current or historic fleet.…"

In essence, if you can find the plane that you want to fly in the Aircraft drop down in the schedule, if your rank lets you fly that aircraft, and you can find a United livery, you're good to go.

Thanks a lot for that info and the manual reference. Really appreciate it.

UAL141 Thierry Nguepdjo

Post by UAL141 Thierry Nguepdjo » May 8th, 2019, 6:42 am

This topic is old, but I'm going to ask anyway. Can we charter a flight and fly it under a Star Alliance livery? I am currently enroute from KIAD-EDDK using the normal charter option (using a United 787). However, once I'm there, I'd like to fly using a Lufthansa A320 from EDDK-EDDF but this flight doesn't exist (closest is EDDK-EDDM). So, can I create the flight and use the Lufthansa livery since it is a Star Alliance partner?

UAL008 Kevin Finch
VP Events

Post by UAL008 Kevin Finch » May 10th, 2019, 4:25 pm

We're in the middle of updating our Operations Manual and I've recommended some new language around the question you're asking.

As I understand things, anything in the online schedule is doable in the suggested Star Alliance liveries. If it's not in the schedule, it's a charter and must be flown in some United livery.

I stand to be corrected, but that's my understanding.

UAL141 Thierry Nguepdjo

Post by UAL141 Thierry Nguepdjo » May 11th, 2019, 4:01 am

Is there any chance that this will be changed in the updated Ops Manual? For flights in the US that aren't on the schedule, I love "chartering" and using my various United aircraft/liveries. But, when I fly long haul to Europe and want to do some European hops, it sort kills immersion to be flying around in a United A320 if I can't find the flight on the schedule for Lufthansa, Swiss, etc. Regardless, thanks for the response as always!

UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » May 12th, 2019, 12:01 am

Hello,

You can fly Star Alliance liveries for real-world flights not on the schedule (and flown as a charter), just make sure you have the proper CAT rating to fly the aircraft.

I don't think I have ever seen a PIREP rejected because of the livery flown, its always flying a plane the pilot does not have the rating for..

Thanks!

Gary
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines

UAL008 Kevin Finch
VP Events

Post by UAL008 Kevin Finch » May 12th, 2019, 8:42 pm

Thanks for the clarification, Gary, much appreciated.