This week at Virtual United 6/11/16

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 6/11/16

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » June 11th, 2016, 3:10 pm

Greetings all. Welcome to the semi-regular, bi-weekly VA update e-mail. I hope this note finds you well.

The VA is off to another strong start this month as you all have flown over 3,000 hours already. This puts us on a pace for 10,000 hours this month, which would blow away our previous best June ever - 8,400 hours in 2014. Speaking of record months, it looks like our May total was in the 9,600 hour range, on just over 2,500 flights! Keep up the great flying everyone!

If you are interested in helping the VA attain a new June hours record tonight, please join us as we fly from KIAH to WIII in the "Long A** Haul" later this evening. I am not really sure who picked this one, but its crazy, stupid and really a dumb idea... I can't even get my PMDG 772 there according to PFPX. But have no fear, our Events/PR guys is saying that it can be done. Check out his post in the Events section of the forum with the magic answer to this crazy flight. The events calendar is loaded with many items this month, and all of them are way better than tonight's flight. Trust me...

Since we began our partnership with VATSTAR last week, we have over 10 pilots registered for training. If you are interested in obtaining your VATSIM P* ratings, sign up. Don't forget to select "Virtual United Airlines" in the application when they ask how you heard of VATSTAR.

We are also accepting pilot application from those pilots who are flying on the IVAO network. We have added the IVAO ID to our application form. If you are a current pilot and fly there, please let your hub manager know. We have created an IVAO badge. VUAL will be reaching out to IVAO in the near future to become a partner VA with their network, giving our pilots another option to fly online. We will, of course, still fly VATSIM as well.

Finally, we have a forum and a Teamspeak server at VUAL, so don't be a stranger to either. Lately our pilots are posting a lot of cool pictures of their flying adventures in the forums, so be sure to check them out. I am amazed at the quality of some of your shots. TS is a whole different experience, so come on by and check out the madness.

I look forward to seeing you at the gates tonight in Houston.

See you in the skies!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines