This week at Virtual United 3/19/16

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 3/19/16

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » March 20th, 2016, 12:42 am

Greetings pilots! Welcome to another edition of the semi-regular bi-weekly update e-mail from me.

It looks like you all don't need much motivation from me to get some flying in this month. So far in March we are at over 5,700 hours flown on 1,600 flights. Just today alone we have over 115 PIREPs filed and still a lot of flights up in the virtual skies. With approximately 60% of the month in the books, we are going to be knocking on 9,000 or so hours, which will be one of our top months. Keep up the great flying everyone!

For the first time in quite some time, our roster has grown to just over 500 pilots! We have had a surge in the last week of new pilots, so I want to take a moment to welcome all the new folk to our VA. Virtual United is a very active virtual airline, however, all we require is one flight a month from you to remain on the active roster. New pilots are required to make their first flight within 7 days of joining, so don't waste any time getting into the skies with us. If you have any questions or need help please contact your Hub Manager, use our forums, or come visit our Teamspeak channel. We have plenty of resources to get you up and running quickly. Our Hub Managers are also diligent about removing inactive pilots from the rosters at month-end. Its the worst part of their job, so please make it easy for them and fly!!! I am really hoping to see our roster remain on the top side of 500 heading into April.

Last week's Long A** event was painful. We had over 20 brave (?) pilots make the short hop from OMDB to NZAA. I am yet to hear from a few of them, so I hope they are enjoying Auckland, or where-ever their travels have taken them. Don't forget about our "Mystery Wednesday" flight this coming Wednesday, and the Thursday night "shorties" as well. There are always events going on, so check out our home page. I also saw that the upcoming Cross The Pond signups are opening up on Sunday, March 20. This next flight is westbound.

I think that is about all I have for now. Keep up the great flying everyone!!!

See you in the skies!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines

UAL008 Keith Rocke

Re: This week at Virtual United 3/19/16

Post by UAL008 Keith Rocke » March 20th, 2016, 11:17 am

"Heheheheeee..." I did the Long A$$ mayhem run during the week -from the comfort of the man cave - as there was no way I could (ever) do 16+ hrs while at the office on the weekend. It was brutal... even with a couple Honey Jack Daniels (slightly frozen). The return leg was even more brutal the following day.

I received VATSIM® .MSG contacts from UAE (not UAL) pilots - both directions - warning me (in a friendly way) of what lay ahead of me.

"Yeah. That's in the books". Thanks Eric (Mr Absentee)... :lol:

Here's the mother of all Long A$$es for whenever we can wrangle Eric to the cockpit and strap him ON.

Let's try the Longest (known) nonstop on the books... OMDB-MPTO... 17+hrs... this one courtesy of Emirates as well. I did it earlier this week and its doable in the PMDG B77L with a moderate Paylod and the randomness of prevailing weather.

Thanks Pricemeister for guiding the ship. Thanks Eric for really picking them hemorrhoid actuators. :lol: :roll:

Keith KIAH HM