This week at Virtual United 1/24/16

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 1/24/16

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » January 25th, 2016, 12:52 am

Greetings pilots! I hope this note finds you well.

So much for the "hangover" after our huge flying month in December. As of this evening, you all have flown 7,475 hours on 2,134 flight during the first 23 days of January. With an entire week (and one more weekend) left in the month, we are looking at 9,000 flying hours this month. Our numbers for January already are the 2nd most for any month we had in 2015 (only December was better for hours and # of flights). I still see some PIREPs for our "Long A**" flights awaiting approval as well. In fact we have 81 PIREPs waiting approval, after 133 flights today.... Great job everyone!!!

OK, regarding the "Long A**" flight from LAX to FARO, then changed to KIAH to FACT..... We have some issues.... I got a email from the FARO guys this morning asking where everyone was..... I guess they got excited a whole bunch of VUAL pilots were coming down to visit that they stocked up on "adult beverages" for the crews.... Obviously the word about our partying habits reached South Africa. The Director of Ops even told me that they had a stage all ready for Garfield to sing a song or ten.... Later this morning I get another e-mail from the FACT guys asking why UAL2 is trying to borrow microphones and a speaker system. They said he wanted to set up "shop" at the hangers, and was wandering around looking to hang a disco ball from the ceiling..... It seems Mr. Fields has some explaining to do regarding this event, but I do want to thank the 15 or so pilots that make this crazy long flight.

I hope everyone gets their flights in before the end of the month, so we don't have to remove any pilots from the rosters. If you are having issues getting a flight in, please communicate with your Hub Manager. Also, when flying online, please enter "virtualunitedairlines.org" in your flight plan comments section. So far your representation of the VA is working and we are getting a lot of new pilots!! There are a ton of copy-cat VA's out there, so lets make sure we separate ourselves from the VUAL-wannabes.

I will shoot a note out to the VA next weekend with a January hours update and the challenge for February...

With that, I will let you get back to your flying... Remember 9,000 hours is in sight. I will be back online Monday night flying after a week away.

See you in the skies!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines