This week at Virtual United 11/28/15

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 11/28/15

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » November 28th, 2015, 9:39 pm

Greetings pilots! I hope this note finds you well. For all our US-based pilots, I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving on Thursday, and your credit cards survived Black Friday shopping yesterday.

With just a couple days left in November the VA is finishing the month strong. We have already surpassed 6,000 flying hours this month, with some PIREPs still waiting to be approved, and 50 or so flights in the air as I type this note. With a strong flying day on Sunday, and maybe even a little on Monday, we might get close to 7,000 hours!

As you all know, there was no specific flying hours goal for November, but December is a different story. The plan is to finish 2015 strong therefore the goal for the VA in December is 8,000 flying hours. We have not had an 8,000 hour month since July of 2014. The closest we came was Sept. 2015 with 7,700 hours. If we fly at September's pace we will hit 8,000 in December thanks to the extra day on the calendar (for those of you who can't count, Sept. only has 30 days,,,, at least it did this year.) Take off Sunday and Monday, if you have to, but get in the virtual skies starting Tuesday!!! We're gonna need every hour you got.

Thanks to some hard work by our staff we now have significantly more FSX downloads in the fleet section of the site: First Officer A/C: ATR42, CRJ2, CRJ7, EMB120, ERJ145, ERJ170, Q200 Q400, S340, Captain: A319, A320, B738, Sr. Captain: B752, B764, B788. Thank you David and Rene. Also, thanks to LAX HM Jonathan Kost we have a ton more flights in the schedules. Many of the missing commuter flights and STAR alliance flights are now in there. You should have more than enough routes to choose from.

Finally, I was impressed to see over 20 pilots make the Long A** event flight from JFK to RCTP last weekend. It was crazy long, but many of you now have the "long haul bug" and are doing tons of heavy iron flying all over the globe. The next event flight will be in January. Can't wait to see what evil route is being cooked up.

Ok, that is all for now. Have a happy end of November, and good luck with the holiday shopping. Don't forget about the 8,000 hour target in December!!!

See you in the skies!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines