This week at Virtual United 11/8/15

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 11/8/15

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » November 9th, 2015, 1:07 am

Greetings all! I hope November is treating you well.

The VA finished October with 7,194 hours flown on 2,062 flights, travelling just over 2.9 million miles, using 80.9 million pounds of virtual fuel. October was the 2nd month in a row where we exceeded our flying totals in every category vs. October, 2014. Our hours were up 21% and our # of flights were up 12% versus last year. November is typically a strong month so please keep up the flying and see if we can make it three months in a row. One notable streak did come to an end in October, and that was the Dulles hub streak of 1,000 flying hours per month... The streak ended at an incredible 38 months (yes, that is over three years!!!) as Dulles logged 850 hours. Congratulations to all Dulles pilots, past and present, on an incredible accomplishment. Many Dulles pilots are now scattered all over the VA, many in mgmt positions, so the influence seems to continue on in other ways.

Just a few tidbits:

1. There are still some fleet files that are being updated and uploaded to the site. This should be complete in the next few days. Thanks to those who have pointed this out to me.... I promise we are almost there...

2. Schedule: There are still some feeder airline schedules that are being worked on. Jonathan Kost (LAX HM) has taken some extra time to work on this... You may or may not notice, but there is work going on in the background. If you see flights that are missing, please post in the forum.

3. Training: Our chief pilot David Walton (UAL011) is very close to having all his resources up on the site and we are targeting to update the main site with a dedicated Training page in the next week or so. Be on the lookout for that.

4. If you fly online, please enter "virtualunitedairlines.org" in your flight comment section. We want to promote our VA to the rest of the network, and I think this is a great way to do so. Our pilots are professional (except certain staff who land on taxiways), and will attract others to our VA via our strong online presence. There are several other "United Airlines" based VAs out there, and we are, far and away, the leader of the pack with the best pilots, and mgmt around.

With that, I will let you get back to your flying. Don't forget the next Long Haul flight from JFK to Taipei coming up in a couple weeks.

If you have any questions, please contact you hub manager or myself anytime.

See you in the skies!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines