This week at Virtual United Airlines 10/15/15

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United Airlines 10/15/15

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » October 16th, 2015, 9:37 pm

Greetings pilots! I hope this note finds you well!

Don't forget about some upcoming events. We have our short hop relay on Sunday, Oct 18. Information and signups are here:

http://virtualunitedairlines.org/index. ... _event/523

Next weekend is the Cross the Pond event. This time its east-bound. Signups are available on the CTP site, but typically fills up immediately. Even if you don't get a "slot" you can still fly the event without signing up and immerse yourself in the VATSIM controlling glory that is Cross The Pond. Honestly speaking, the ATC can be crazy as everyone tried so hard (read: too hard) to get their position reports in.. After giving up on getting my very important position reports over to ATC, I created a game that I can play by myself while making the semi annual trek. The game is called "try to talk to as few ATC controllers as possible while flying the flight 100% online". Since I live on the west coast of the USA and start my flight as many controllers are logging off, its not hard at all to not talk to controllers. Generally they are logging off as I enter their airspace. My first year at playing the game, my score was 5, gradually I got better and last time my score was an incredible 1 (EDDF TWR). So don't be shy and give this wonderful event (and my game) a shot!!!

Please don't forget about our forum and Team Speak room. Come on by and enjoy the banter and even a song or fifty as we enjoy each other's company during long and short haul flights. This is a little secret that Garfield asked me not to share, but I could not believe my ears when he told me he has been working on some new songs - mostly 70's and 80's stuff... It should be a treat listening to him sing a few tunes from back in the day.

We are still welcoming a lot of new pilots to the VA. If you are new and have questions, please don't hesitate to ask questions to your HM, other pilots or staff. We are here to help you. But please don't ask any of the senior staff how to land a plane.... We can offer no help in that area!

With that I will let you get back to your cockpits. I hope to see you all in the skies this weekend!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines