This week at Virtual United 9/30/15

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 9/30/15

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » October 1st, 2015, 12:54 am

Greetings pilots!

September is now in the rear view mirror and what a great month it was! Not only did we complete the schedules update (which is still ongoing), we flew our first "Long A** Overnight" flight (what a dumb idea that was - next one is in November BTW), and had a banner month from an IT perspective with daily backups on our separate host, and expanded the capacity of our TS room (mostly for singing lessons, more on that later). Significant progress was made on Featured Flights, which is coming back in the next couple days (Garfield promised), and the fleet is getting updated as well.

One area where we had a lousy month, was my setting a flying hours goal for the VA.... Many of you probably remember that I challenged the VA to fly 6,000 hours in September, and it was a mistake. I should have known better than to set such a low target, because with about 25 PIREPs yet to be approved, the VA has already reached a total of just over 7,600 hours flown for the month!!! Great job everyone!! I will post the final numbers in the next couple days.

We had some hubs hit some milestone numbers, but I am most proud of our newest hub, Guam, for flying 706 hours in September. 706 hours is the 5th most hours flown by any hub, but for Guam, 706 hours represents a 380% increase vs. August's total for combined Cleveland/Guam hub flying. Every hub increased their flying by at least 160%. Chicago and Denver were up over 300%, Houston (2080 hours), LA (993 hours), Narita (854 hours) and SFO (287 hours) were up over 200%, and Dulles kept their 1,000 hours streak alive.

The number I am most interested in will be provided later this week and thats the cut list. The flying numbers are great, but I am hoping for a record low number of pilots we need to remove from the roster for inactivity. Fortunately many pilots have submitted a LOA request, which is approved for any reason. I think I speak for all the hub managers and HR that we would prefer to put our entire roster on LOA than have to cut pilots. Remember all we ask for is one flight a month.

Finally, we have received a ton of new pilots to our rosters this month. Welcome to VUAL!! I hope that your stay with us will be a long and enjoyable one. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask anyone on the staff, post on our forum, or come visit our Teamspeak. There's is usually a good conversation and some songs happening in there during most hours of the day. Karaoke nights will be returning every Friday, starting this Friday...

With that, I will let you get back to your cockpits. I will be following up with September's final figures in the next couple days, and possibly a flying target for October. There is one extra day in October, so I might have to add a little extra to the goal, but we'll see. For now, take a day off and bask in the glory that is Virtual United Airlines!

See you in the skies!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines

UAL009 Eric Fields
VP of Public Relations

Re: This week at Virtual United 9/30/15

Post by UAL009 Eric Fields » October 5th, 2015, 6:36 pm

Featured routes posted in the news and events section.