This week at Virtual United 9/19/15

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 9/19/15

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » September 19th, 2015, 12:59 pm

Greetings pilots! I hope this note finds you well.

We've hit the last week of summer and the VA is really rocking. I set a target of 6,000 flying hours for the entire VA at the beginning of the month, and everyone has responded. As of this morning we are over 4,500 hours, which puts us about 500 hours ahead of the pace. Don't take your hand off the throttle though! We only have two more weekends to push the number higher, otherwise we'll need some last minute weekday flying to hit the goal.

Thanks to the hard work of LAXHM Jonathan Kost, and VP-Fleet Gene Cao, we now have brand new schedules uploaded to our site. You will be hearing from from VP-PR Eric Fields about this over the weekend, but let me steal his thunder by telling you we now have the most-up-to-date UAL and Star Alliance schedules out there. The new schedule was uploaded Friday morning. If you notice anything strange about the schedules, please visit our forum and post your message in the "Schedules" section. The staff will address it there.

At our Guam Hub opening event I was surprised how many pilots we have on the roster who do overnight flights. During that event the only flights that were part of the event were KCLE - KSFO then RJAA - PGUM. In between those flights many pilots flew KSFO - RJAA. Also on any given weekend, there are tons of you guys in the air doing long-hauls around the world (as you sleep!!!). This got me thinking about setting up a monthly long haul flight where we can all take off, log off VATSIM, get our much needed beauty sleep, wake up, log back into VATSIM and try to land our heavies as the coffee just starts to kick in.

So with all that being said, our first "Long A** Haul" flight will be next Saturday (Sept. 26) from KEWR to VABB (where ever that is!!!!). We will depart from KEWR at 0200-0500Z (those times are on the 27th, but we leave Saturday night, you know what I mean). There is a signup sheet on the site, so feel free to join. Remember our events signup pages disapear the day of the event (working on that issue) so even if you don't make the sign up, come join.

Finally, we have most of our ducks in a row here at the VA. Site is updated, and being backed up daily. Schedules are brand new. Fleet downloads are almost complete. Its time to bump up our roster numbers, so when you fly on VATSIM please put "virtualunitedairlines.org" in the comments section of your flightplan. Its time to separate us from the pretenders out there, and you guys promoting the VA this way is the best publicity we can ask for. And if your looking for bad publicity, come visit our TeamSpeak room. The banter is there is pretty good, and the karaoke nights are terrible.

Thats all I have. Remember, we still need more flights to hit 6,000 hours!

See you in the skies!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines

UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

Re: This week at Virtual United 9/19/15

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » September 19th, 2015, 8:51 pm

Hi Kyle,

The updating of the schedule is a massive task so there are always going to be a few things we need to tidy up. As I mentioned above, please post in the schedules area of the forum so the staff can find all the "to-do's" in one place.

Don't worry, we will get these minor issues fixed.

Thanks!

Gary
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines