This week at Virtual United 8/21/15

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 8/21/15

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » August 22nd, 2015, 3:00 am

Greetings pilots. Wow, what a week it has been.

Before I begin I would like to apologize to all the pilots and staff for the inconvenience caused due to the website outage and subsequent data loss we suffered on Monday.

I have been in contact with several members of the staff during the week and I want to assure everyone that the team is doing everything possible to restore all services and pilot information back to its pre-website crash state. I know many pilots are frustrated, but please be assured the staff is working very hard to get us back. A lot has been completed, but there is still a lot of work ahead so I ask everyone to be patient as we get through the issues. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

I was traveling this week on a business trip, but have been talking with Garfield daily, e-mailing with Rene, texting others, and met Jonathan Kost (LAX HM) in Dallas, TX. Even with limited access, I have already heard, read and seen the incredible amount of time and effort the staff is putting in to restore the site (and even update the look!), process pilot re-applications, re-assign callsigns, re-issue lost awards, etc. I can’t begin to tell you how much I appreciate their effort to go way beyond the call of normal duty to help us recover as quickly as possible. They certainly don’t do it for the pay!!!

With all that being said, we are already taking major steps to ensure that we never go through something like this again. We learned a hard lesson this week and believe we have taken steps to fix those issues. We are also looking at a daily back up service for ALL aspects of the site from a completely separate provider to ensure redundancy of all our data. I will be discussing with the team over the weekend how we are going to accomplish this in the most expeditious manner. Once we have a plan in place, I will report back on our progress.

Finally, and most importantly:

A.If you are a pilot that can no longer log into the site (any pilot who joined after March, 2015): you will need to re-apply to VUAL. We will get you back on the roster ASAP. (We are also trying to clear out inactive pilots from the roster at the same time, so please be patient.)

B. If you have transferred hubs since March, and want to request the transfer again, please contact HR

C. If you have lost hours, and know (approximate is ok) what your total was before the site crash, please contact your Hub Manager

D. If you are missing awards, please contact your hub manager.

E. If you have any other questions about any other inaccurate our outdated information regarding your pilot profile, please contact your Hub manager and/or HR.

If you have questions, comments, concerns about anything I have written above, please contact me directly at ceo@virtualunitedairlines.org. I also plan to be on Teamspeak over the weekend. If you would like to talk, feel free to drop on by. I would be more than happy to address any concerns.
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines