This week at Virtual United 5/3/20

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 5/3/20

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » May 3rd, 2020, 5:21 pm

Greetings pilots! Welcome to another edition of the not-so-often VA-wide e-mail update! I hope this note finds you and your families well.

April is in the books, and it was a busy month. We flew 10,250 hours on 2,935 flights. The numbers are 157% and 197% higher than last April's numbers. Obviously many of you are doing some serious flying during these shelter in place times we find ourselves in.

A special shout out to UAL435 Rich del Secco, who flew his 3000th flight with VUAL recently, and is closing in on 16,000 hours. How he did all that flying last month is beyond me (j/k). Rich is our all time leader in flights and hours and just keeps on going.

Please don't forget to support Kevin in Events. He has the events schedule completely full for the next few months. I know you all are finding extra time to fly so please help and support Kevin anytime you can.

For the 2nd month straight we will not be cutting pilots from the roster. Garfield has asked the HMs to wait another month as we all wait for normal times to return.

There is a lot of progress being made on our new site. The team is testing other site engines and ACARS systems to see what will be the best for us. Our plan is to make sure we have an improved site with more features than current, so the team is checking all our options. There is a lot of activity going on behind the scenes, so be on the lookout for more updates throughout the summer.

That is all I have. Keep up the great flying and more importantly, stay safe!

See you in the skies!
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines