This week at Virtual United 11/8/19

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 11/8/19

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » November 9th, 2019, 6:25 pm

I hope this note finds you all well. You are probably surprised to see another VA-wide update e-mail so quickly after the note last week! We have some exciting news, so I didn't want to waste any time sharing...

Effective Thursday, we have a new VP-IT at VUAL. Victor Cabrales (ORD AHM) has volunteered his time and skills to help us with our IT dept here at the VA. Many of you know Jared Yost, who had been in the position for over two years, but his real wolrd life was becoming very busy and he could not dedicate time to us any longer. Jared has given Victor all the information he needs and will be there to support during the transfer. I want to thank Jared for all his support over the years. Victor is eager to get going so we should see some things improve very shortly with our IT.

One of the first areas Victor is going to look at is the company e-mail. We are having issues with the "@virtualunitedairlines.org" e-mails currently. Some mails are delivered and some are not. I know that several of you are looking for transfers, LOA, etc. Please be patient as we get things fixed. The lack of responses from the staff is mostly due to the e-mail problems. There are some other website back end issues Victor will get to, but I will spare you the gory details (nothing that impacts your flying).

One last note, there are some staff openings at the VA, so if you are interested to help out, please apply. Thank you to those who have already applied. The emails seem to be working out fine on the app page.

Don't forget to check out the Events page. We had 11 pilots fly the Friday night flight last night out of Denver. Even if you don't sign up (please try to, if possible!!), come out and enjoy the busy VATSIM events.

See you in the skies!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines