This week at Virtual United 1/19/19

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 1/19/19

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » January 19th, 2019, 1:32 pm

Happy New Year!

I hope that 2019 is off to a good start for you all.

Before talking about this year, here are some stats from 2018:

Total Flight Hours: 73,752
Total # of Flights: 20,258
Miles Flown: 2,502,881
Total Fuel Burned: 70,949,243 lbs

These stats are all from PIREPs submitted in ACARS. Manual PIREP totals are not included. Overall our 2018 stats are down from 2017, but seem to be very consistent with the overall trend in the VA "industry". I have spoken with some mgmt. folk at other VA's and it seems everyone is down somewhat from years past.... Our Avg. number of pilots was also lower in 2018, we were mostly under 500 active pilots all year. Our HR department is busy however! They hired 532 pilots and terminated 724 throughout the year....

I have the stats broken down by hub, so if any Hub Manager wants more data to share, let me know.

OK, on to 2019. I have two updates for now.

1. Guam hub will be closing at the end of January. All Guam pilots can transfer to any other hub they like by the end of the month, or will be placed at Narita. Guam is becoming less and less of a strategic point for the real world UAL, and we are following that lead by closing it as a hub. All Guam pilots have been informed of this news, and our HR, IT and Narita hub staff are ready for the transition.

2. Checklists: The staff is working on some airplane specific checklists we will be able to publish soon, so be on the lookout for that.
We have one other major announcement regarding schedules, but are not quite ready to go live. There is considerable work going on in the background right now. Once we are closing in on a release, we will let you know.

With that I will let you get back to your flying. Don't forget we have Teamspeak, forums, and the staff have e-mail for any questions, stories, or just want to chat about anything.

See you in the skies in 2019!
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines