This week at Virtual United 4/22/17

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 4/22/17

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » April 22nd, 2017, 7:09 pm

Happy Earth Day, and welcome to another edition of the semi-regular, bi-weekly VUAL e-mail!

So far this month the flying is going very well. We are on pace for 9,000 hours this month! At the end of March we only lost a small number of pilots due to inactivity, and this month we've had the usual amount of new pilots join the roster. Once again, I am going to ask everyone to please get your one flight in this month so our hub managers do not have to remove you from the rosters. If you are reading this note, and have not flown yet in April, please get at least one quick flight in. The fewer pilots we have to remove each month, the better. If you need a LOA, please request on before the end of the month.

You might have alreadty noticed the new "Training" tab on the main menu on our home page..... or maybe not...... Virtual United has been a partner with the VATSTAR training team for quite some time, and now we have a direct link to their site from our home page. There are 68 of our pilots on their training roster working on their P1-P5 VATSIM ratings. We have many of their trainers, including some of their top guys on our roster (get your flights in, boys!!! HAHA). If you would like to take advantage of the free and 100% optional training, please hit the link and sign up. I have my P1, and am working on my P2. I am also working on my first novel for them, titled "Landing the A320 in a Hurricane". Be on the lookout for that. Anyway, check out VATSTAR. We are proud to be their partner, and hope you take advantage.

The staff is working on some interesting projects that I will share more details on as we make progress over the next couple months. Some are small things, others are big things..... How's that for a tease... Stay tuned...

With that, I will let you get back to your pre-flight planning.

See you in the skies!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines