This week at Virtual United 3/21/17

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 3/21/17

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » March 21st, 2017, 11:50 pm

Hello everyone! I hope this note finds you well. Its only Tuesday, and it feels like Friday (I wish it was Friday...), so I will be short and sweet....

1. Big weekend ahead. Cross the Pond on Saturday morning, and the KSFO-VHHH leg of our B777-300 inaugural flight in the evening. You still have time to fly the first two legs of the B777 award (KEWR- KSFO - KEWR) prior to Saturday. So ,if you have no life, get flying. You can earn an award badge if you do all three flights prior to Saturday night. Check the Events forum for details. Its not easy, but you can do it.

2. If you are a new pilot to our VA, please fly! We have onboarded a ton of new pilots this month, and if you can't make a flight within 7 days of joining, or by the end of the month, you will be removed. We don't like removing pilots, but we do it every month.

3. When flying online this weekend in the events, and all other times online, please put "www.virtualunitedairlines.org" in your flightplan comments section. It does make a difference.

4. If you want (or need) some training (and based on some of the landing rates I see on our homepage, many of you need it), please register at VATSTAR for some VATSIM training courses. Just click on the link on our homepage, and create an account. The VATSTAR team is great. Training is not mandatory, but I will tell you that our insurance rates have been going up lately, and we might have to spend 15 minutes to save 15% on the next contract.

5. We have some staff openings right now, so if you think you have what it takes, please apply.

6. There are big events this weekend, have you signed up yet?

7. Drop by our Teamspeak and/or the forum. We have both at this VA, and if you're brave enough to enter TS, you might hear Garfield sing some Michael Jackson songs from the 80s. Its a long way to Hong Kong, and he always keeps us entertained on those long hauls. Need I say any more????

See you at the gate at KSFO this Saturday night.

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines

UAL025 Dennis Lynn

Re: This week at Virtual United 3/21/17

Post by UAL025 Dennis Lynn » March 23rd, 2017, 9:54 am

I would only add that, for a change, Gary is not the reason our insurance rates are going up!

Dennis