This week at Virtual United 2/1/17

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 2/1/17

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » February 2nd, 2017, 12:16 pm

Greetings! I hope this note finds you well. Its hard to believe that January is in the books, and we are already flipping the calendar to February. It feels like we just celebrated New Year's Eve!!! Looking back at January, I only sent out one e-mail to the VA, and I think you all appreciated that. The final January numbers are not quite in, but I think we started the year off strong. I will count up the hours, flights, miles flown, insurance claims, broken tires, and all that other stuff in the next few days...

Please check out our Events page for upcoming group flights, fly-ins, and of course Award flights & tours. We can't keep Keith on his meds lately. He continues to publish award tour after award tour. The staff has chipped in as well as a few mainline pilots. If you have an idea for an Award tour, don't be shy. Send Keith a note with your idea. Just remember, if he likes it, you have basically volunteered yourself for the work of putting it together...

One of the goals for the VA this year is growing the roster. Last year our activity was incredible, and we did it with mostly the same number of pilots on our rosters. Throughout the year we hovered around 440-460 pilots. I would like to see us double our roster size this year. Of course, that's easier said than done. We are not going to change our monthly flight requirements just to grow the roster, or leave the rosters full of inactive pilots like other VAs. We are looking at getting the IVAO partnership going soon (I need to pass a written and a practical test over on their network!!! Yikes!!!). We also want to expand our exposure on VATSIM network to attract more top pilots. This will be an ongoing challenge for us.

Lastly, I heard there is a new payware aircraft available to purchase at the PMDG website today. Many of you have been waiting patiently for the B744 release, and its finally here. How about taking that bird up for the B747 tour that was recently published on our site? Incredible timing!!!!

See you in the skies!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines