This week at Virtual United 10/14/16

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 10/14/16

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » October 15th, 2016, 2:22 pm

Welcome to another exciting edition of the semi-regular, bi-weekly VA update e-mail! I hope everyone is having an enjoyable October.

If you are looking for some ideas to fly, look no further than our Events page. Keith has gone crazy (in more ways than one, more on that later) and really loaded up the calendar with a variety of opportunities for you to get some serious hours.. Next Saturday (10/22) is the Cross the Pond event. This time its an east-bound leg, so enjoy those favorable tailwinds and fly over to Europe. Of course, there are a bunch of other fly-in events on the calendar, mostly sponsored by the various ARTCCs.

The wacky event you are going to want to fly is the "Boeing 236 ETOPS Test flight" that Keith has cooked up, AND got VATSIM ARTCCs all excited about. We are going to replicate the Boeing 787 test flight by flying 19+ hours over the USA creating "787 Boeing" logo markings on the map with our flightplan!!! More information can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10195

There is also a thread on the main VATSIM forum "Fly-in" section... There is no doubt that you are going to want that Award badge in your profile!! HAHA Don't be shy, sign up now.... Let's show VATSIM that we are the most "dedicated" VA out there!!!!!

On a staffing note, if you have any experience with websites and IT matters, we are looking for candidates to help us with the operations side of the VA. If you would like more information, please contact me directly via e-mail at ceo@virtualunitedairlines.org, and I can provide more specifics of what we are looking for.

So there you have it, please get your minimum flights in, so our Hub Managers can take it easy at the end of the month and not have to remove anyone from our rosters.

See you in the skies!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines