This week at Virtual United 10/2/16

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 10/2/16

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » October 2nd, 2016, 10:50 pm

Welcome to another edition of the semi-regular bi-weekly VA update. Another month is in the books, and I think we had a fine September. I have not counted up the hours yet, but I think we are in the neighborhood of 8,400, making it the best or 2nd best Sept. in our history. Last year we were at 7,700 hours, so we certainly passed that total with ease.

There are a ton of events on the calendar for you to fly in this month, so don't be shy and join us on these short and long haul adventures. Teamspeak is usually rocking during events, so come on by and listen to the peanut gallery share their wit and wisdom.

Lately we have seen more and more flights flown in the incorrect liveries, resulting in rejected PIREPs. Trust me, our hub managers do not like rejecting PIREPs, but when we see that flights were flown in the wrong colors we must reject them. Here is a simple breakdown that will hopefully eliminate any confusion:

1. UAL flight - fly it in UAL livery

2. STAR Alliance partner flight: fly it in that particular airline livery, or a UAL livery. The list of STAR alliance airlines can be found here: http://www.staralliance.com/en/member-airlines

3. Charter: STAR alliance flight - can be flown in STAR alliance livery, or UAL livery. All other charters MUST be flown in UAL livery. Charter flights must use one of our ACARS systems, or a link to VATAWARE or IVAO must be included in the manual PIREP. If not, it will be rejected.

Simple, right? When in doubt, fly the flight in UAL colors & use ACARS, and you won't have any issue (except for the -800fpm thing!!! LOL)

Ok, enough rules for tonight. Have a great month flying! I will get back to you later in the month with our September totals.

See you in the skies!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines

UAL025 Dennis Lynn

Re: This week at Virtual United 10/2/16

Post by UAL025 Dennis Lynn » October 2nd, 2016, 11:43 pm

uh....what's a livery?
Den

UAL024 Eric Elia

Post by UAL024 Eric Elia » October 5th, 2016, 8:59 am

is it kinda like a DeLivery ??? :lol:

UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » October 5th, 2016, 6:21 pm

please don't fly in oneworld, or skyteam livery and try to submit a pirep here guys.....

They are not United or STAR alliance....

Just trying to help!

LOL

Gary
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines

UAL756 Danny Unda

Post by UAL756 Danny Unda » October 9th, 2016, 4:21 pm

one livery, can affect the performance of an airplane?

UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » October 9th, 2016, 9:41 pm

Danny,

Not sure about the livery affecting the performance of an airplane.... I am just mentioning that VUAL pilots need to fly UAL or STAR alliance liveries if they want their PIREPS accepted...

Let me know if you have any questions.

Gary
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines