Virtual United Airlines - Promotional Campaign

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL008 Keith Rocke

Virtual United Airlines - Promotional Campaign

Post by UAL008 Keith Rocke » Sep 29th, '16, 13:37

Pilot Members. Good Day,

This is a Formal Request to each and every one of you to HELP with promoting vUAL within the VATSIM® Community. Obviously this applies to members who fly on the Network. The benefits are HUGE.

It's a simple request actually... adding "www.virtualunitedairlines.org" into the comment field of your Pilot Client.

Personally, I've been using FSInn® for like forever. There are other Clients such as vPilot and Squawkbox. No matter which one is used, there IS a comment field into which can be added our web link.

Also consider the following...

a) several flight plan building utilities such as Simbrief, PFPX, etc... which (may) generate OFPs. Out of the total volume of material generated within an OFP, the truly only meaningful information - when you look at it - is the "Equipment Capabilities" carried in the cockpit. This specific equipment capability is meaningful to ARTCC providers... the familiar GND, TWR, APP, CTR and Oceanic Controllers. The remaining text within an OFP is (NOT fearing an onslaught of 'you don't know what you're talking about' rebuttals) is absolutely meaningless to the job of taking off... flying the route... and landing on the other side... really

b) assume you have a Boeing 777, a B737, an MD-11, a BarbieJet, a B763/4 an so on in your hangar... each bird is outfitted with certain onboard equipment - SPECIFIC - to that aircraft. "It never changes... regardless of the Livery"

c) If you've set up Simbrief, PFPX and so forth correctly, the OFP generated will always include the 'equipment capability' specific to the aircraft selected for that flight... remember... it never changes... just the flight plan routing for the day's flight changes

d) in the aircraft list shown in item (b) above... suggestion is to extract the 'capabilities' portion of each airplane and JUST (yep!) JUST add the capabilities to the comment field... instead of that non-essential info from the OFP

e) using (b) above... you looking at four... maybe five separate 'capabilities'. Here is an example for the Trip7...

/V RMK/VIRTUALUNITEDAIRLINES.ORG OPR/UAL RMK/CALLSIGN UNITED B77W/H-SDE1E2E3FGHIJ2J3J4J5M1RWXYZ/LB1D1 PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S2 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 DOF/150115 REG/N326UA PER/C RMK/AGCS O2.E360 O3.D350 TCAS

... in RED... this is the 'capabilities' generated by Simbrief. In simplicity, this is meaningful to ARTCC
... in GREEN... is text that tells ARTCC (from left to right) you are VOICE CAPABLE... OUR ADVERTISING REQUEST beginning with RMK/... the OPERATOR - UAL... your CALLSIGN

f) Broadcasting in the comment field you are using Default Scenery... MegaEarth Scenery... FSDreamTeam KJFK Scenery... AIRAC1610... or "I had a bad tasting cheeseburger from Captain Deez today" is... well... YOUR CHOICE.

g) How about choosing (PLEASE) to simply add "www.virtualunitedairlines.org" into the comment field along with your 'capabilities' as shown in item (e) above?

h) On the Network - at any given time of day - there are several United VAs. During the day/night/morning or whenever, I will randomly double-click on a United flight from my VatSpy display on the 2nd PC. It's troubling when I see the OTHER United VAs flights displaying THEIR web links and - get this - our pilots displaying just "/V" - voice capability, absolutely nothing or a FULL BUFFER of OFP TXT and absolutely NO MENTION of "www.virtualunitedairlines.org". Makes me wonder if we are truly proud to be members of the BEST United VA in the Community.

Keith VP EVENTS
Vatsim: 1085341 (closer to 11,000 VATSIM hours now... than I was before I started writing this topic :lol: )

UAL909 Filipe Nunez

Re: Virtual United Airlines - Promotional Campaign

Post by UAL909 Filipe Nunez » Sep 30th, '16, 07:15

and here I thought nobody cared about all that nav code :lol: ...will start adding that, thanks, i also suggest adding the BIG bird's selcal code (long hauls flights), i use www.airframes.org to find united's....i don't think vatsim simulates it, not sure ivao does (newbie there) but just in case...im one of those few people that do utilize all that data from PFPX or Simbrief (weights, fuel, fuel "checkpoints") just for realism though :oops: ....

UAL611 Derrick Scott

Post by UAL611 Derrick Scott » Oct 2nd, '16, 09:35

Found this web link a while back that is useful.

http://zobartcc.com/pilots/flight-plan-remark
Derrick Scott
A&P Mechanic and Maintenance Test Pilot

UAL756 Danny Unda

Post by UAL756 Danny Unda » Oct 9th, '16, 16:07

VATSIM information concerning the Remarks

https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/file-flightplan

and this is between Vatsim, and my personal opinion

REG/UAL756/OPR/Virtual United Airlines/DOF/161009/CHARTS ON BOARD//www.virtualunitedairlines.org/

REG= REGISTRY or CALLSIGN
OPR=OPERATOR or AIRLINE
DOF=DATE OF FLIGHT
CHARTS ON BOARD=ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
www.virtualunitedairlines.org=the website of the airline I represent in flight, ie some publicity

UAL518 Richard Walsh

Post by UAL518 Richard Walsh » Oct 9th, '16, 16:40

UAL756 Danny Unda wrote:VATSIM information concerning the Remarks

https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/file-flightplan

and this is between Vatsim, and my personal opinion

REG/UAL756/OPR/Virtual United Airlines/DOF/161009/CHARTS ON BOARD//www.virtualunitedairlines.org/

REG= REGISTRY or CALLSIGN
OPR=OPERATOR or AIRLINE
DOF=DATE OF FLIGHT
CHARTS ON BOARD=ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
http://www.virtualunitedairlines.org=the website of the airline I represent in flight, ie some publicity
Just my 2 cents but all of that is useless.
The Reg isn't needed and the callsign is your connection and strip for the ATC. Not needed
Operator would only be relevant if you have a rarely used callsign
DOF? Does ATC need to know this? They don't know what day it is when they control?
Charts on board? If you are connected to vatsim you are connected to the internet so charts are available.
I only point this out because people load their remarks section with more info than their flightplan.

I do add our website after the /v/

Again, only my opinion

UAL530 Dominic Harte

Post by UAL530 Dominic Harte » Oct 18th, '16, 13:20

UAL909 Filipe Nunez wrote: i also suggest adding the BIG bird's selcal code (long hauls flights), i use http://www.airframes.org to find united's....i don't think vatsim simulates it,
Not sure what software does it, but I have been buzzed on selcal when flying vatsim across the atlantic.
I've only known it personally to be used by the Oceanic centres (someone else may be able to state otherwise on this one).