This week at Virtual United 7/9/16

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 7/9/16

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » July 9th, 2016, 9:05 pm

Welcome to another edition of the semi-regular bi-weekly VA e-mail!!!

Last week I promised a final count for June and here it is: 8,807 hours flown (best June ever), 2,251 flights (2nd best June ever), 3,386,947 miles flown (2nd best June ever - only 40,000 miles short of 1st), and 99 million pounds of fuel burned (best June ever). As you can see June was a great month, and we are on a streak of 4 months in a row of best month for hours flown.

Now that June is in the books, its time to focus on July. We are off to a slow start at 1,600 hours flown so far this month, but there is a long way to go. 9,900 hours is our best July ever, so the target is very high. We'll see how it goes...

So far this month the VA has welcomed over 40 new pilots to our rosters. I want to take a minute or two and give our new pilots some important information about Virtual United Airlines.

First off, WELCOME! We are glad you have found us among all the other VAs out there. We know how many UAL-based VA's, and other pretenders are out there on VATSIM, so thank you for finding us. Hopefully you will enjoy your virtual flying with us and your career here is a long one.

I know each and every new pilot has read our Operations Manual forwards and backwards and keeps a printed copy under your pillows. Just some quick highlights from me:

1. You must fly one flight a month with us to remain on the roster. New pilots need to get the first flight completed in their first 7 days on the roster. Its not much to ask. If you have made an initial flight and then need a Leave of Absence, that is no problem. There is a LOA request form on the website (Leave Request under Careers). We approve for almost everything. This is, after all, just a hobby. Keep in mind, we have made time and effort to put you on the roster, but if you can't fly or communicate with us, we are not going to waste any more of our time or yours keeping you there. Our rosters are updated at the end of every month.

2. If you have a question about our operations, check out the Ops Guide. If that does not work for you, we have a forum and active Teamspeak server. The forum and Teamspeak are great resources to check out what other pilots are doing, need counseling, come on by. Unlike other VA's our Teamspeak room is quite active, so there usually is someone in there who can help!! You were provided login information in your welcome letter.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Hub Manager too. He has all the answers, or will make up an answer for you!!!

One other item I forgot to mention last week is that Virtual United is now a partner VA with Aerosoft. Our pilots can now receive special discounts on Aerosoft products. There is a post in the forum with more information and instructions. The thread is here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10005

OK, enough from me. Be on the lookout for Events and other exciting news on our home page. I will let you get back to your flight planning.

See you in the skies!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines