This week at Virtual United 7/1/16

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 7/1/16

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » July 1st, 2016, 9:34 pm

Welcome to July! There are still a few PIREPs left to approve from June, but we have already surpassed 8,700 hours, making this June the "best ever" at VUAL! Great job everyone!

Once we get all the PIREPs counted, I will give you all the final June numbers. We are now on a nice streak of 4 months in a row of "best ever" activity at VUAL. That being said, I was just looking at our historical stats for July and we flew 9,900 hours back in 2014, so the bar is set pretty high this month. Lets see if we can make it 5 months in a row...

July is the 7th month of the year, and its hard to believe we are half way through 2016. Anyway, I have 7 friendly reminders for you all:

1. Be on the lookout for Events, and fly in them whenever possible. We have events posted on the home page and the Events section of the forum. Some are CAT free so you can fly the bigger planes and get some additional hours if you need them for the higher ranks.

2. When flying online, please put "virtualunitedairlines.org" in your flight plan comments section. We continue to get 5+ new pilot applications a day and I think its due to everyone's professional flying and presence in VATSIM.

3. Don't be a stranger to the VUAL forum. (yes, we have a forum). AND don't be a stranger to the VUAL Teamspeak channels. There is always lots of interesting chatter happening in our TS room (way more participants vs. other VAs....) so come in and say hi.

4. VUAL is currently trying to get its feet wet in the IVAO network. We are accepting IVAO pilots now. If you fly on the IVAO network, please share some of your experiences in our forum (see #3 above). We'd love to hear your thoughts, and be on the lookout for us making more noise over there (and I don't mean Garfield's singing.)

5. Get some training at VATSTAR. We are a partner with VATSTAR, and I feel this is a great resource for all our pilots. The link is on the VUAL homepage. My "how to land on a taxiway" lesson outline is coming along nicely.

6. If you are a new pilot to VUAL, please FLY!!! We process many applicants throughout the month who cannot seem to get one flight in, and those pilots get terminated at the end of the month..... If you are on the roster, please give us that one measly flight each and every month. Our Hub Manager's terminate way too many pilots who can't seem to get a flight in. We do maintain an up-to-date and very ACTIVE roster, so please don't waste our time (and yours) if you can't contribute.

7. Have fun!!! We have an incredibly active roster across all our hubs. Lets keep the momentum going throughout the summer. Its going to be a record year this year if we keep up this pace.

For our US-based pilots, I hope everyone has a happy and safe July 4th holiday.

See you in the skies!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines