This week at Virtual United 9/1/19

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 9/1/19

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » September 1st, 2019, 2:52 pm

Greetings! Welcome to another edition of the not-so-regular-VA-update e-mail.... I hope this note finds you well.

September is here and I have a few updates. Please check out our events information. We have weekly Saturday night flights and a variety of other VATSIM events posted on our site. Try to support our VP-Events (Kevin Finch) by participating whenever you can. We had a staff meeting earlier today and the team discussed a lot of ideas to try to pump more participation in our events. Be on the lookout for more information from me and your hub managers in the near future.

Also, in case you missed it, there is now a B787 Tour! This one will test the strength of the pillow on top of your computer chair! There are mostly long hauls for this award! More information is here:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11069

Next, don't forget about the new United livery paint jobs completed by our very own UAL265 Lee Grant. His work is first class, and its like flying brand new airplanes once you install these beauties. The forum page with the link to his excellent work is here:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10983

Do not be shy when flying, please post any screenshots to our forum (we have a dedicated section for FS screenshots). Down the road we will be using these photos in the re-work of our website.

Next, its been a month since we added the American Airlines flights to our schedule. I have not added up all the flights and hours yet for August, so I don't know the impact of having them there yet. We will continue to leave these flights on the schedule for your flying enjoyment. I will also be posting a poll on the forum to get some more feedback from you all regarding having these flights available to you. Your feedback (good, bad, or anything in between) is always appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to jump in our TS or forums and post away. I'd really like to see these two resources used by more of our pilots.

Lastly and most importantly, if any of our pilots are in the path of hurricane Dorian in the Bahamas and east coast please take care. I think I speak for all of us here at the VA and wish you all safety from the harm this storm will unleash... We will not be making any cuts to the rosters this month.

With that, I will let you get back to your day. Have a great September!

See you in the skies.
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines