This week at Virtual United 9/2/18

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 9/2/18

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » September 2nd, 2018, 3:51 pm

Welcome to September! I hope all our US-based pilots are enjoying the 3-day Labor Day weekend. For the most part the summer is over and its getting back to usual routines for many of us.

In August VUAL pilots flew 5600 hours on 1660 flights. Our activity was down a little from last year, probably due to the nice weather this year. So far in 2018 VUAL pilots are averaging 6,400 hours a month on approximately 1700 flights. Generally speaking our hours go up slightly in the fall as the weather cools.

On behalf of the staff and pilots I want to thank all those who donated to our 2018 stock program. In just over 10 days we raised $675, which was way over the target of $450. This funding will keep us going for the next year and then some. We will save the extra $$$ to make next year a little easier, as long as Jared doesn't blow the budget on any new toys for the VA. This year was the first year we opened up the program to the pilots and the response was much greater than we expected. Thank you.

All our schedules are now up-to-date and please don't forget about ourTeamspeak server, and forums to chat and post pictures, etc.

With that, I will let you get back to the weekend!

See you in the skies!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines

UAL044 Kevin Finch

Re: This week at Virtual United 9/2/18

Post by UAL044 Kevin Finch » September 4th, 2018, 1:35 pm

Canada also celebrates Labour Day, Gary; in fact, we put the "U" back in labour! :lol:

UAL043 David Cross

Re: This week at Virtual United 9/2/18

Post by UAL043 David Cross » September 6th, 2018, 6:17 am

UAL001 Gary Price wrote:
September 2nd, 2018, 3:51 pm
doesn't blow the budget on any new toys for the VA.
regards,
I'm curious what kind of other options / toys would be available for a VA?

The tracking ability of ACARS is really cool.

Besides TS and Forums what is there.?

I had inquired when i first came on board that i thought it would be cool to have a virtual store where you can spend your virtual income. Like houses, motorcycles and cars. Place these items on your profile maybe. That could also spark conversations on shared interests. Is there anything like that available?

Dave.
--
David Cross – UAL043

Chicago – O’Hare

Assistant Hub Manager

kordahm@virtualunitedairlines.org