This week at Virtual United 10/2/17

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 10/2/17

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » Oct 3rd, '17, 00:39

Greetings all. I hope this note finds you well. Due to a very busy September, you did not get many e-mails from me.

The last VA-wide note I sent out was on Sept. 6. However, please be careful when opening e-mails as there have been reports of spam e-mails among the staff coming from curious looking addresses asking for cell phone number information or any other private data. Be advised that no-one on the staff here will ever be asking for any personal information from you. If you receive any e-mail that looks suspicious in any way from us, please delete it immediately. I post all my e-mails on the forum, so you can always go there to read my highly entertaining prose. If you are ever looking for any sort of confirmation about any communication, please connect with the staff in our TS room. You have all the information you need to join our TS from your welcome letter, or ask your HM for the secret information!!!

Also, due to the horrific weather of the past 5+ weeks in TX and FL, we decided that we would not terminate any pilots due to inactivty in August. Hopefully anyone impacted by hurricane Harvey and Irma are getting back to their normal routines. We all recognize that VUAL and flight sim is just a hobby, so if you need more time off to get back into the swing of things, please ask your HM for a LOA. Otherwise, its going to be back to normal at the hubs as we trim the rosters from inactive pilots from September. Our overall roster size has swelled to almost 600 pilots, and it would be great to keep that number, but I don't think that will be the number in a week or so.

Be on the lookout for a "Boeing 747 Farewell" event in November. As many of you know, the real-world UAL will be retiring the B747 in early November on a route from SFO to HNL. We will come up with something to reitre the "Queen" (and I don't mean Garfield!)!!!! Before you ask the question, here is the answer: Pilots will still be able to fly the B747 on VUAL flights after the real world UAL retires the aircraft, as long as you are rated to fly it.

That is all for now. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the spam or any other strange e-mails, please feel free to contact anyone on the staff. Otherwise, I hope you all have a great October. Sept. stats will be finished soon.

See you in the skies!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines