This week at Virtual United 4/8/17

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

This week at Virtual United 4/8/17

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » Apr 8th, '17, 14:19

Welcome to another edition of the semi-regular VA wide e-mail!

April is here, and spring is in the air! There is also a lot of virtual toxic engine exhaust fumes floating around after a very busy March. Virtual United pilots flew over 9,400 hours on 2,400 flights last month. After the first 3 months of 2017, we are within 15 hours of the record hours pace we set last year.... What's interesting is we have done almost the same # of hours flying so far this year (27,400 hours if you are keeping score), on 1200 less flights. We have also burned 60 million pounds more fuel so far this year vs. last year. I guess we have a lot of PMDG 744 customers on the roster!!!

I see our pilot roster is nearing 500 pilots. This is great news. Everyone, please do one flight this month to stay current! As you know by now, VUAL is a little different than other VAs. If you don't make your flight or don't file for LOA, you will get removed. There are tons of routes to fly, so pick one or ten and stay active with us!!! Of course, we recognize this is a hobby (for pilots and staff alike), so if you need to step away for a bit, please file a LOA. We accept almost all of them. We get that real world stuff always comes before flightsim, or that you just might need a break in the action.

Don't forget when flying online please enter "virtualunitedairlines.org" in your comments. Spring is when pilots seem to be looking for new homes, and we want the other pilots on VATSIM to know that you all fly for the best. If you don't believe me, come visit our Teamspeak room and hear some of the banter from some of the wise pilots on our rosters.

With that, I will let you get back to your flight preparations.

See you in the skies!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines

UAL025 Dennis Lynn

Re: This week at Virtual United 4/8/17

Post by UAL025 Dennis Lynn » Apr 10th, '17, 00:39

So how come " I was too loaded to fly" doesn't get an LOA?

Den