g3d.dll CTD

Have a problem with FS9? Provide as much information as possible!
UAL861 Craig Galka

g3d.dll CTD

Post by UAL861 Craig Galka » October 28th, 2013, 3:57 pm

Hey guys!
For all my time flying on FS9.1 i never ever had this error pop up. I did a flight last night from KFLL-KEWR using FSDT's software and imaginesim's as well..I never had any problems with any scenery or anything. I was still on my approach into KEWR with the airport still not in sight and then all of a sudden my sim froze and the problem was reported to be a g3d.dll error...I googled the problem and saw that FSUIPC could fix the issue which i have a registered copy and most recent (i think) installation. I will check my FSUIPC to see if the error goes away. I was wondering if anyone else new any other fixes for this?

Thanks guys

UAL007 Gene Cao

Re: g3d.dll CTD

Post by UAL007 Gene Cao » October 28th, 2013, 8:11 pm

g3d.dll usually means that you exhausted your graphics card. G3d.dll is your 3d-graphics rendering dll as I understand it. Not really a fix for it except maybe turn settings down.

UAL861 Craig Galka

Post by UAL861 Craig Galka » October 28th, 2013, 9:10 pm

I'm running the nvidia GTX480 on windows 7 64bit. My settings aren't crazy high you really think it could be my card?

UAL007 Gene Cao

Post by UAL007 Gene Cao » October 28th, 2013, 9:50 pm

It may not be that the settings are too high, as much as the card may have been overloaded by some runaway script. Those errors are usually hard to come by and very hard to resolve is what I'm saying.