FSX White Texture Fix? (I've got new details)

Have a problem with FSX? Provide as much information as possible!
UAL610 David Bernard

FSX White Texture Fix? (I've got new details)

Post by UAL610 David Bernard » April 4th, 2014, 7:03 pm

So, as some of you may be aware, I've had massive trouble with FSX following my Windows 8.1 update. My biggest issue is that I can only run FSX in DX10 preview mode, and when I do so I have lots of trouble getting textures to work properly. Certain models of aircraft load "white" textures instead of the photos in the texture folder. I think I've narrowed down the possible solution to this... it's the model and how the model relays texture files. I can find some models to replace ones that don't work and then get them to work. For example, my project opensky a330's and a340's wouldn't load, but I found an alternative model (Thomas Ruth's) that was also freeware and worked. The weird thing is that some models from the same publisher work, while others of the (roughly) same aircraft type do not. For example, my posky B738 works properly, but my B737 and B739 (also by posky) load the white textures. I had the same issue with the project airbus a321 with the IAE vs. CFM engines, but I found an alternative project airbus a321 cfm model that worked instead.

Long story short, can anyone running in DX10 mode point me in the direction of some freeware models that work texture-wise? I prefer posky if they have different models like what happened with the a321, but whatever works at this point is fine. I'm looking for models for the B737, B739, B752, B752w, B763, B763w, B764, B772, B773. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I'm just looking to come up with a bunch of models to try and see if any evidently finally show up. Thank you!!!