Still trouble with Windows 8.1!!

Have a problem with FSX? Provide as much information as possible!
UAL610 David Bernard

Still trouble with Windows 8.1!!

Post by UAL610 David Bernard » February 21st, 2014, 1:59 am

I've tried the fix given to me in my earlier post and it still didn't work...

I was talking with UAL707 today on SmartCars and he mentioned that it may work if I somehow set my processor to operate as dual instead of quad, since FSX was designed on that... How would I do this?

UAL025 Dennis Lynn

Re: Still trouble with Windows 8.1!!

Post by UAL025 Dennis Lynn » February 21st, 2014, 12:17 pm

Dave: I have new hardware comming in shortly and unfortunately win 8. Due to this I have been searching the forums for answers on Avsim, etc. Take a look at the following link http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthrea ... hing/page2 and see if it helps. :|

UAL909 Filipe Nunez

Post by UAL909 Filipe Nunez » February 21st, 2014, 3:05 pm

i had new hardware aswell but since i got copy of W8 for free i had to try it, free is the best price 8-) , anyways, for some reason W8 didnt like my copy of FSX Deluxe, itll crash to desktop & sometimes would'nt load up, so i checked on MS site and it claims FSX Deluxe was not compatible with W8, dunno why but i rebought FSX Acceleration version did what i mentioned & so far its all good xcept for the rare joystick disconnects. i think evryone's fix might be different, good luck or stay with W7

UAL245 Kevin Williams

Post by UAL245 Kevin Williams » February 26th, 2014, 4:04 pm

I got win8 to work but not 8.1, so if you can get just win8.0 try that out.

To change the number of cores in my motherboard I go into the Advanced Bios. Advanced Menu -> CPU Configuration, scroll down to Active Processor Cores and change that to 2 or whatever.

UAL909 Filipe Nunez

Post by UAL909 Filipe Nunez » February 26th, 2014, 8:54 pm

i give up on W8, my other progrmas were getting jealous and theyre acting up now..im going back to W7... i dont think windows 8 was made "desktop" friendly...too many headaches just to get it to work the way it should, sorry Microsoft i quit as "ur guinea pig" :lol: