FSX Aircraft Autopilot Issues

Have a problem with FSX? Provide as much information as possible!
UAL610 David Bernard

FSX Aircraft Autopilot Issues

Post by UAL610 David Bernard » Dec 27th, '13, 14:06

Hello, my Add-on Boeing 737s seem to do this but I don't really fly them so I don't pay too much attention to it... but today my A320 started doing it and now I have to fix it because I fly that one practically all the time! Anyway, the issue is in the speed. For some reason, when auto pilot is engaged, the on board system only pushes up the throttle so much... and when you start reaching higher altitudes it becomes not enough to keep you from losing speed. I end up having to take the controls into my hands and set the throttle somewhere to get me to that speed. It all of the sudden started doing this after I installed FSInn, but I've tried looking through the cfg file and have no idea what to change, or even what else I should do... Anyone else have this problem? What do I do?!

UAL021 Joerg Schwuchow
KDEN Hub Manager

Re: FSX Aircraft Autopilot Issues

Post by UAL021 Joerg Schwuchow » Dec 27th, '13, 17:38

Hello David, I´ve had a comparable problem with my LevelD 767 at one point: I have a button on my yoke assigned to activate the autothrottle while accelerating for take off. But I still have to advance the throttles on my throttle quadrant to full otherwise the engines spool up but come back after a while to the position where I left the throttles physically. That would just be a possible explanation for your Boeing - by the way, what addon do you use ? Other than that there are just the obvious questions: you don´t exceed your maximum altitude ? Flaps and gear are in ? All happened to me too after years of flying. One moment of distraction and ... you know :lol:

Airbus works differently so there should not be that issue. What Airbus do you use ?
UAL021 Joerg Schwuchow
KDEN HM

UAL610 David Bernard

Re: FSX Aircraft Autopilot Issues

Post by UAL610 David Bernard » Dec 27th, '13, 19:25

It's possible that something's up with the .cfg file... But I haven't changed anything and it just started doing this after I installed FSInn yesterday. I use posky and project Airbus models btw.