P2+ ?

VATSTAR, the official Authorized Training Organization of vUAL. Questions can be posted here for other pilots to help answer, or go to www.vatstar.com and email an instrucstor!

Moderator: UAL004 Danny Vinson

UAL277 Kevin Finch

P2+ ?

Post by UAL277 Kevin Finch » Apr 22nd, '17, 07:48

I earned my P2 rating last evening and contacted my HM regarding the badge. I just applied to start P3 training and intend to continue up the ladder. I notice that some of our members have P3s and higher but there's no badge. Any intentions to add a P3, P4, P5 and Oceanic badge? Enquiring minds want to know. :)

UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

Re: P2+ ?

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » Apr 22nd, '17, 19:13

Hi Kevin,

I just gave you the esteemed "P2" award..... Go check it out in your profile.

Now, just a heads up... there is no P3, P4, etc... award badges created yet, so take your time on the P3.... LOL j/k

Gary
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines

UAL277 Kevin Finch

Post by UAL277 Kevin Finch » Apr 24th, '17, 11:33

Wilco. (grin)

UAL004 Danny Vinson
Assistant VP Human Resources

Post by UAL004 Danny Vinson » Apr 26th, '17, 09:20

Great to see you utilizing our training Kevin! A little inside information...... The P6 is coming soon! My Chief Flight Instructor, Rob Shearman, submitted the required documents and curriculum to be approved by VATSIM's PTD a couple of weeks ago. We are confident, especially with one of their own instructors acquiring their P4 last month to much praise, that this P6 Oceanic rating will be available in the very near future! We are not officially (it's official enough) allowed to call it a rating (it's the P6) or call it Oceanic (but it is) yet, so we simply for now (if they'd hurry up dammit) call it a VATSTAR Certificate of In-House training (AKA, the Oceanic P6) which is THE curriculum for the soon to be (should already be) Oceanic P6 (which we are not calling it yet). It is also hoped that those gaining the in house certificate for Oceanic will be issued the P6 rating when it becomes available.

Know that the P3 rating is not required to gain your P4 IFR rating. However the P4 rating IS required to gain your P5 (and soon P6) rating. The P3 is a great tool to have for VFR flight if you occasionally fly GA aircraft.

Shoot me an email if you have any other questions! danny.vinson@vatstar.com
Danny R Vinson,UAL004
Asst VP Human Resources

• Public Relations Manager

UAL277 Kevin Finch

Post by UAL277 Kevin Finch » Apr 30th, '17, 08:33

UAL004 Danny Vinson wrote:
Apr 26th, '17, 09:20
The P6 is coming soon! My Chief Flight Instructor, Rob Shearman, submitted the required documents and curriculum to be approved by VATSIM's PTD a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks for the feedback, Danny. I knew about the Oceanic certificate and anticipated that it might become an official rating. After I've got the qualifying certs, I will move on that rating.
UAL004 Danny Vinson wrote:
Apr 26th, '17, 09:20
Know that the P3 rating is not required to gain your P4 IFR rating. However the P4 rating IS required to gain your P5 (and soon P6) rating. The P3 is a great tool to have for VFR flight if you occasionally fly GA aircraft.
Yup, I knew that. When I finished my P2 checkride with Rob (who's great!), I quipped that it was rougher than my vUAL trans-Atlantic flight that morning. :lol: He suggested that I go for the P3 instead of straight to the P4 and I said I would. I've got my P3 written scheduled for mid May and then will book the checkrides.

Cheers, man.