New Flightbeam SEQM scenery

Notice a problem or have questions about the schedules?

Moderator: UAL007 Jonathan Kost

UAL736 Jay McFerdy

New Flightbeam SEQM scenery

Post by UAL736 Jay McFerdy » May 4th, 2019, 8:58 pm

Hey guys!

I just purchased the new flightbeam SEQM scenery (absolutely worth every penny) and did my first flight from KIAH to SEQM yesterday without any issues.

I was planning my return trip back to KIAH via MPTO today and upon starting SmartCars, I was given an error message for not being at the correct airport. I did not get any error message (i.e. landing at the wrong airport) last night upon landing in SEQM. Any thoughts what might be the issue here?

I went ahead with the flight, but won't have any ACARS log this time around. Maybe we can figure out the issue and I'll redo my flight.

Thanks for any feedback!

UAL008 Kevin Finch
VP Events

Re: New Flightbeam SEQM scenery

Post by UAL008 Kevin Finch » May 5th, 2019, 6:18 am

Thanks for the head's up on the scenery, Jay. If you flew on VATSIM, you can add a link to the VATSIM record in your PIREP comments. Some link options: https://stats.vatsim.net/login_sso.php or https://vatstats.net/

Cheers.

UAL736 Jay McFerdy

Post by UAL736 Jay McFerdy » May 5th, 2019, 11:50 am

Thanks for the feedback, Kevin.

I did not fly online, but I am not worried about the hours or flight count. I just wanted to make sure there isn't an issue with the coordinates for SEQM within smartcars. I just looked at my log from my flight to SEQM and it said that I landed 8nm from the planned airfield...:)

Something is definitely off....

UAL141 Thierry Nguepdjo

Post by UAL141 Thierry Nguepdjo » July 26th, 2019, 2:34 am

Has this been resolved? I was looking at getting this airfield soon and I don't want to have any issues with my PIREPS. I don't fly online on Vatsim or anything so making sure Smartcars works is important to me.

UAL736 Jay McFerdy

Post by UAL736 Jay McFerdy » July 26th, 2019, 10:37 am

UAL 411 Thierry Nguepdjo wrote:
July 26th, 2019, 2:34 am
Has this been resolved?
I don't believe so. I think it's a simple fix within the Acars database for the airport coordinates to be updated, but I am not 100% on that. Maybe someone else can chime in to assist. I sure would like to fly back to SEQM soon...

UAL007 Jonathan Kost
VP of Scheduling

Post by UAL007 Jonathan Kost » July 26th, 2019, 6:22 pm

Guys,

This is the first time I have seen this. No emails were sent to me regarding this topic.

It is a fix on the back end. I will take care of it sometime within the weekend as I have personal obligations that require my attention. My suggestion in the mean time, as has always been the case in these situations is to use vUAL ACARS. The airports are free entry and not reliant on the database to match. Here is the link http://virtualunitedairlines.org/lib/do ... p-1012.zip

In the future, send me an email as well as a forum post. I see emails and they don't get hidden or buried as forums posts do.

Thanks

UAL736 Jay McFerdy

Post by UAL736 Jay McFerdy » July 27th, 2019, 2:48 pm

Thanks for taking a look at this for us, Jonathan. It is much appreciated. I'll take a look at the link you provided as well and will send an email in the future. Didn't know the process.

Thanks again!

UAL007 Jonathan Kost
VP of Scheduling

Post by UAL007 Jonathan Kost » July 31st, 2019, 12:44 pm

All current day flights go into SEQM/UIO. From what I have found is that the old airport was actually SEQU. I am not going to mess with the new airport SEQM as this is correct in the real world. I have added SEQU which should be used when flying into the old airport to avoid the 9 mile difference in the PIREP.