Other Airlines Codeshares

Notice a problem or have questions about the schedules?

Moderator: UAL007 Jonathan Kost

UAL718 Sterling Paulsen

Re: Other Airlines Codeshares

Post by UAL718 Sterling Paulsen » Aug 14th, '17, 13:26

I'm fine with the flights not being in the schedules, but Aer Lingus should really be added as an approved codeshare carrier. While not all of their flights are codeshares with United (BDL->DUB being a notable one), there are others that are (EI108/UA7628 and UA1256/EI6090 being two examples). To be completely honest, any of the airlines here should be an option as long as we can provide proof that the flight we fly carried a United flight number.

UAL277 Kevin Finch

Post by UAL277 Kevin Finch » Aug 15th, '17, 10:38

Some of the verbiage/editing is confusing; is the following accurate?

vUAL pilots may fly real world flights in the liveries of these UAL codeshare partners; flying in any other livery could result in a PIREP being rejected. Please include a link to the FlightAware record of the real world flight in your PIREP comments.

(in alphabetical order)
Aegean Air
Air Canada, including Air Canada Express/JAZZ and Air Canada Rouge
Air China
Air New Zealand
ANA-All Nippon
Asiana
Austrian
AVIANCA
Brussels Airlines
Copa Airlines
Croatia Airlines
Egypt Air
EVA Air
LOT-Polish Airlines
Lufthansa Airlines
SAS - Scandinavian Airlines
South African Airways
Swiss
TACA
TAP-Air Portugal
Turkish Airlines

Any flight designated as a charter flight in a vUAL ACARS program must be flown in UAL livery.
Last edited by UAL277 Kevin Finch on Aug 17th, '17, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.

UAL277 Kevin Finch

Post by UAL277 Kevin Finch » Aug 15th, '17, 11:14

UAL718 Sterling Paulsen wrote:
Aug 14th, '17, 13:26
I'm fine with the flights not being in the schedules, but Aer Lingus should really be added as an approved codeshare carrier. While not all of their flights are codeshares with United (BDL->DUB being a notable one), there are others that are (EI108/UA7628 and UA1256/EI6090 being two examples). To be completely honest, any of the airlines here should be an option as long as we can provide proof that the flight we fly carried a United flight number.
I can see Sterling's point, as well. Both United https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Market ... tners.aspx and Aer Lingus https://www.aerlingus.com/plan-and-book ... -partners/ consider the other airline as a partner. With regard to the UAL list, Hawaiian Airlines and Island Air have flights in the vUAL schedule; United's other worldwide partners do not.

I think, for consistency, we either need to accept PIREPs flown under any of United's listed worldwide partners or stop accepting Hawaiian Airlines and Island Air PIREPs, allowing only PIREPs from airlines providing United Express services under contract or Star Alliance members.

Lest anyone suggest it, I am not advocating that we accept PIREPs for all partners' partners; i.e., no British Airways or Jet Blue because they're aligned with Aer Lingus.

UAL007 Jonathan Kost
VP of Scheduling

Post by UAL007 Jonathan Kost » Aug 15th, '17, 12:50

There is a very easy solution to this. I will remove any airline that is not listed as part of Star Alliance. This topic has been brought up way too many times and the same answer is given every time. If you want to fly Air Lingus, join their VA. May sound abrasive but it is what it is. Likewise will be said for any other partner airlines. Hawaiian comes in the schedules pack I get so that is why it is there. It has now been removed along with any other airline that is not listed as a STAR ALLIANCE MEMBER and not a PARTNER

UAL277 Kevin Finch

Post by UAL277 Kevin Finch » Aug 17th, '17, 12:28

Makes sense, Jonathan.