Schedules Updates going forward

Notice a problem or have questions about the schedules?

Moderator: UAL007 Jonathan Kost

UAL007 Jonathan Kost
VP of Scheduling

Schedules Updates going forward

Post by UAL007 Jonathan Kost » Mar 15th, '17, 14:24

Good Afternoon,

Going forward there will be a new process to which schedules are updated. Schedules will now be updated on a monthly basis. This will include any normal schedule changes as well as requests from pilots to have flights added that are missing in from the schedules. Either email the flights at vp-schedules@virtualunitedairlines.org or post it into the Schedules forum.

If there is a flight that you are wanting to fly that is currently not in our schedules, charter it and leave a comment for the flight to be added for which your hub management will pass along to me. This is per the SOP nothing has changed here. As my real world obligations grow,doing micro updates of 1 or 2 flights is out of the question.

Thanks!

UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

Re: Schedules Updates going forward

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » Mar 15th, '17, 15:34

Jonathan,

Thank you for this note. You are correct, if a pilot wants to fly a route that is not on the schedule, charter it. Our SOP allows for charters - always has, always will. Just because a flight you want to fly is not on the schedule, that does not mean you can't fly it. Charter, Charter, Charter!!!

Gary
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines

UAL718 Sterling Paulsen

Post by UAL718 Sterling Paulsen » Mar 15th, '17, 22:35

Mr Kost,

Just out of idle curiosity (and feel free to belittle me if the answer is blindingly obvious) is there any way of implementing a feature on the website (rather than through SmartCARS) that would allow pilots to charter flights for other Star Alliance carriers? I'm asking because it'd be nice to not have to choose between filing a report manually and chartering it as a United flight for my Singapore Airlines flight this weekend.

Sincerely,

Sterling Paulsen

UAL007 Jonathan Kost
VP of Scheduling

Post by UAL007 Jonathan Kost » Mar 15th, '17, 23:02

If you use the vUAL ACARS on the downloads page, it allows a lot more autonomy for chartering flights. I personally have never used Dumbcars and am unaware of the chartering restrictions.