GUAM needs us. We need GUAM.

All New/Stories related to the Space City

Moderators: UAL029 James Clum, UAL041 Steve Adams

UAL008 Keith Rocke

GUAM needs us. We need GUAM.

Post by UAL008 Keith Rocke » Mar 26th, '16, 11:50

Calling all Houston pilots. The Hub in the Pacific needs our help.

So, as I've planned my April 2016 vVacation in Guam - excluding April 1st (April Fools Day) and Thursdays (cause we have the Thursday Nite Shorties event) and maybe the days I have to wash the yellow Pine pollen off my car and... 'I can't think of anything else', I will fly into and out of Guam during the month of April.

Please consider making two (2) flights per week into or out of Guam PGUM. And don't be afraid to make low passes over the airfield with a circle to land after rattling the terminal windows?

Oh. And one more thing! There are two (2) active runways at Guam. Remember (and plan for this). RWY 06R - is designated the Departing runway. RWY 06L is the Landing runway.

Remember too... if there is no ATC online, you could (like Gary would do) land on taxiway Kilo (K) to save an extra 10lbs of fuel. :lol:

Keith KIAH HM

ps: I'm a TWR Controller in Honolulu and Guam's airspace and facilities have been re-assigned to Honolulu's Control... which reminds me... I haven't done and ATC'ing in a while... I need to get on the scopes real soon.

UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

Re: GUAM needs us. We need GUAM.

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » Mar 28th, '16, 00:34

Keith,

will you clear us to land on taxiway KILO when you control?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Gary
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines