New VUAL website ideas!

Let us know how we are doing! Make suggestions on how we can improve. This is your Airline!
UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

New VUAL website ideas!

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » December 7th, 2019, 2:00 pm

Please respond to this thread with any feedback you have for a new VUAL website. Thanks!
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines

UAL256 John Bullock

Re: New VUAL website ideas!

Post by UAL256 John Bullock » December 16th, 2019, 8:16 pm

Gary,

I'd like to see the 'Awards' area of our site better organized.

How about (a) one section for everything that is current, and (b) a separate section for the 'retired' ones.

Further, create a separate section for current "Tours". By separating the Tours from the rest of the awards listing (quite long), I believe it becomes easier to use.

thanks,

UAL008 Kevin Finch
VP Events

Post by UAL008 Kevin Finch » December 16th, 2019, 8:33 pm

I agree wholeheartedly. The current website organizes awards by whomever posted them; that works for no one.

UAL916 Ray Browell

Post by UAL916 Ray Browell » April 7th, 2020, 7:02 pm

I agree with the awards and tours and all. It all did it's job well when we installed it all back in the day and got it working properly but now it is long out dated. The current awards system is native to phpVMS / Nabeel and the Tour Module was written by David Clark SimPilot who is now long gone from the scene. Hopefully the new system addresses the separation issues unlike the old ones never did.

When I was IT guy here at United I tired like hell behind the scenes but was never able to make it work without breaking a half dozen other things so I left it be. I tested on a private server.
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy!

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.