Tours

Let us know how we are doing! Make suggestions on how we can improve. This is your Airline!
UAL477 David Fernandez

Tours

Post by UAL477 David Fernandez » February 4th, 2018, 4:41 pm

Good evening friends, happy to be part of this Goes with you, I have a question, I do not see any tour section on the web, but if I have seen tour recognitions made, are they available? If so, what section? sorry if the question is stupid or I need glasses.

UAL916 Ray Browell

Re: Tours

Post by UAL916 Ray Browell » February 5th, 2018, 7:09 pm

If you go to the awards page it shows a list of all awards and there is usually a details link. Click that link and it should give you info. Also usually on the forums there is info as well.

For example, I am doing the commuter tour as we speak. I went to the awards looked and saw commuter and clicked details. I was taken to another page and found out I could download en Excel Doc. This doc can be found at http://virtualunitedairlines.org/index.php/downloads as well as many other tours. DOnt have Excel? That is ok Open Office is free!

Good luck and happy touring! Blue skies and fair winds!
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy!

UAL277 Kevin Finch

Post by UAL277 Kevin Finch » February 5th, 2018, 7:37 pm

Some tours/awards include the required routes on the Award page. For example, the World Westbound II (WWII) description says: Awarded to a pilot after completing the required legs. KSEA-PADU-PANC-RJCC-WSSS-VABB-OTBD-ORBI-DAAG-LOWI-EDDM-TBPB-KIAD. Un-related flights can be flown in between the above required legs of this tour.

Some tours/awards require you to visit the Events forum for the details. For example, details for the 757 Worldwide Operations Tour are at http://forums.virtualunitedairlines.org ... 19&t=10378

A few tours - such as the Commuter Tour that Ray mentioned - have a tracking sheet available in the Downloads section of the website (http://virtualunitedairlines.org/index.php/downloads); usually an Excel spreadsheet.

When you click on "Show Award Details" on the Awards page, you end up at a list of pilots who have received the award.

If the award/tour info does not say that you can complete unrelated flights, you abandon the award when you fly an unrelated flight. For example, if you complete three legs of the African Tour and then fly KIAH to KORD, you need to re-start the African Tour.

Cheers, man.
Last edited by UAL277 Kevin Finch on February 17th, 2018, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

UAL477 David Fernandez

Post by UAL477 David Fernandez » February 6th, 2018, 8:15 am

Thanks srs

UAL868 John Szanto

Post by UAL868 John Szanto » February 10th, 2018, 3:15 pm

It would be nice if these tours were combined in a single location instead of having to look in 3-4 places for info. I think the organization could be better. I struggled with this too when I joined a year ago.

UAL005 Jared Yost
VP IT and Web Technology

Post by UAL005 Jared Yost » February 10th, 2018, 11:35 pm

Thanks everyone for your input. I've recently been approached and asked to develop more of a "Tour System". I have a few other items for things on the website I need to work on first, but there will be something coming in the future to address this issue.

Thanks for the patience while we get it all sorted out! :)
---
Jared Yost
UAL005
VP-IT and Web Technology
Virtual United Airlines

VATSIM Status

IVAO Status

projectFLY