Download Fix

Software troubleshooting for the KACARS software
UAL001 Vince Hendrickson

Download Fix

Post by UAL001 Vince Hendrickson » May 18th, 2012, 1:09 am

It appears that vUAL ACARS will not download correctly using Internet Explorer.

Please use something other Internet Explorer such as Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome etc....

UAL435 Greg Murray

Re: Download Fix

Post by UAL435 Greg Murray » May 18th, 2012, 2:25 pm

I used the new ACARS today. Firstly, it worked great and had no issues except that I noticed that it would not "Get a Bid" but then again, I had the same issue yesterday with the older kACARS so I just flew the route using the flight number!

Is the flight schedules and bids not working at all?

Greg

UAL001 Vince Hendrickson

Post by UAL001 Vince Hendrickson » May 18th, 2012, 2:53 pm

I think it is an issue with having both the vUAL ACARS and the Kacars programs still on the server. The vUAL ACARS is a payware version of KACARS, so until we remove the KACARS in about 2 weeks we may have this problem.

UAL435 Greg Murray

Post by UAL435 Greg Murray » May 20th, 2012, 6:22 pm

My only gripe I have with the new vUAL ACARS is that when hitting the "S" key for exterior views it displays "Instrument Lights ON/OFF -- I only use the exterior in flight when I am flying over a scenic area and I will sometimes use the exterior view when at a airport that I am not familiar with even with a chart.
It just doesn't look good on a logged flight with all the Instrument lights ON/OFF messages.

I am not sure what the "S" key has to do with lights!
I understand that you can select an exterior view using the top menu but that is a pain in the butt when the "S" key is so fast and simple and many pilots fly in Windows Mode!

Is there NO WAY of this being fixed?

Greg

UAL001 Vince Hendrickson

Post by UAL001 Vince Hendrickson » May 20th, 2012, 6:41 pm

F11 and F12 will give exterior views. I have never heard of using the "S" key

UAL435 Greg Murray

Post by UAL435 Greg Murray » May 20th, 2012, 6:53 pm

F11 gives you an "Outside Locked Spot" and then you have to use the "A" key to cycle through the other views!

F12 gives you a "Top View" and once more have to use the "A" key to cycle views!

"S" key gives you all the views and using the "A" key just reverses the views. "S" is just so much simpler for external views, IMO! ;)

Then in VC, using the "A" key cycles you through all the cockpit views to get to all the needed goodies :mrgreen:

Greg

UAL530 Justin Carey

Post by UAL530 Justin Carey » May 20th, 2012, 7:07 pm

"S" key, although still usable, was all there was when it came to cycling views within the sim in previous versions. Although it is no longer the case now, as Steve mentioned, with the inclusion of the F11 and F12 keys.

Being that vUAL ACARS has just recently been released, let us take the time to put aside anything trivial regarding its funcionality, and give thanks and a great deal of appreciation for those who worked so hard to make it happen. I'm sure the minor nuances will be ironed out eventually.

UAL435 Greg Murray

Post by UAL435 Greg Murray » May 20th, 2012, 8:31 pm

Oh, I was not complaining about the new ACARS. I think it is great and a major improvement over the previous one. And thanks to those that created it or improved on it - I applaud you.

I was just wondering why the "S" key caused the lights to go on/off.

Sorry if my previous post was misinterpreted. Was not intended that way!

Greg