ACARS crashed before filing.

Software troubleshooting for the KACARS software
UAL636 Victor Cabrales

ACARS crashed before filing.

Post by UAL636 Victor Cabrales » September 19th, 2018, 5:23 pm

My ACARS crashed before I could file my flight. I was on for the entire 3 hr flight but then the ACARS crashed when on short final. Is there a way that I can file a manual PIREP? I would hate to have lost those 3 hrs that I flew just because the software crashed a few seconds before finalizing it.
A320 Bus Flyer and CRJ fan.
Instagram.com/vicsim2007

UAL043 David Cross

Re: ACARS crashed before filing.

Post by UAL043 David Cross » September 20th, 2018, 5:19 am

Man i hate when that happens. I know the feeling. In my case the windows crashed to Blue screen of death and i lost the entire flight.

Was there any chance you flew this mission on an online network, Vatsim would have record of your flight. Just submit a manual PiRep with a link to show the flight was completed. If you did not fly online. Maybe you had streamed the flight thus having a record that way... if non of the above you can try to reach out to your HM or AHM at KEWR. Ultimately it would be up to them. But the regs state prof of flight. This happens to all of us from time to time.

Have a good Thursday.

Dave
--
David Cross – UAL043

Chicago – O’Hare

Assistant Hub Manager

kordahm@virtualunitedairlines.org

UAL636 Victor Cabrales

Re: ACARS crashed before filing.

Post by UAL636 Victor Cabrales » September 20th, 2018, 1:04 pm

I have a screenshot of the crash (from windows and I can also submit the log from Xplane to show my flight. I will reach out to my HM. Thanks Dave.
A320 Bus Flyer and CRJ fan.
Instagram.com/vicsim2007