Smartcars keeps crashing

Software troubleshooting for the KACARS software
UAL605 Mazen Abdelsalam

Smartcars keeps crashing

Post by UAL605 Mazen Abdelsalam » September 23rd, 2018, 10:53 am

Hi,
I have the problem since yesterday that Smartcars crashes during the flight. It happened with both X-plane 11 and P3DV4.
The program seems to disappear or switching off without leaving any crash report. I digged deep inside to the computer to find any trace of the problem but I could not find anything abnormal.
The only thing I could think off is latest windows update last week (windows 10).
I will try next weekend to update PC drivers and check if that would solve it. Meanwhile if anybody faces the same problem the last few days and have a fix please share it here.

Thanx.
Mazen UAL605

UAL152 Tom Hartigan

Re: Smartcars keeps crashing

Post by UAL152 Tom Hartigan » September 23rd, 2018, 1:19 pm

This happened to me yesterday on a long haul and again today on a long haul. No errors or crash reports either. I walk away for an hour or two and come back and the program is gone and closed out.

UAL043 David Cross

Post by UAL043 David Cross » September 25th, 2018, 11:28 am

I have recieved multiple reports of this happening as of late within KORD long flights. All of this did start happening around the time of a os build update. It's strange. I hope someone is able to track down the issue.
--
David Cross – UAL043

Chicago – O’Hare

Assistant Hub Manager

kordahm@virtualunitedairlines.org

UAL371 Jonathan Stevens

Post by UAL371 Jonathan Stevens » September 25th, 2018, 7:17 pm

Yes its messed up big time. Such a over-bloated program full of nonsense.
I'm downloading the other acars.
I'd even take VAFS before smartcars.

UAL736 Jay McFerdy

Post by UAL736 Jay McFerdy » September 25th, 2018, 10:12 pm

Just tested to see if I get the same issue(s) and I did not get a crash, error report or a sudden shut down of the program on a 2:30 flight. I also downloaded & installed the latest windows update and had no issues at all. Probably one of the lucky ones, sorry guys! I am running the latest FSUIPC as well (registered version - not sure if that makes a difference).

Happy Con-Trails,
J

UAL152 Tom Hartigan

Post by UAL152 Tom Hartigan » September 29th, 2018, 9:54 am

I'm about to start a long haul flight, so I'll see if it happens again this weekend.

UAL605 Mazen Abdelsalam

Post by UAL605 Mazen Abdelsalam » September 29th, 2018, 7:01 pm

I checked this again it is ridiculously caused by a HDD Out of space error message. Well windows 10 keeps all the old stuff after each update and no wonder that the system drive would go off limit if someone is not checking that out. In my case I have windows on 100GB SSD and today I found out that I was running on a low 2GB only free space on C. I cleaned everything up, removed all windows backups and temp files and everything again in order. I've just did a short leg and SmartCARS worked normal and not shutting down.