VATSPY USERS UPDATE LANGEN RADAR EDGG TO BE VISIBLE

Share your experience on VATSIM/IVAO
UAL008 Keith Rocke

VATSPY USERS UPDATE LANGEN RADAR EDGG TO BE VISIBLE

Post by UAL008 Keith Rocke » May 24th, 2016, 3:15 pm

Here is the forum link from the previous post regarding SPIM vs SPJC. Therein you will find direction for where to find the .DAT file... viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9839 The section HOW TO FIX THIS if you're also without a life or whatever?

This time you're gonna search for EDGG. The 'found' line should look like this... EDGG|Langen|| Note the two (2) "||"'s at the end.

Move to the end of the line (after the last "|") and type in (UPPERCASE) --> EDFF

The line should now look exactly like EDGG|Langen||EDFF

You're done! :roll: Just close the edit session and save the changes. RESTART Vatspy and 'presto'... Langden Radar - if they're ONLINE or whenever next they're ONLINE and you're flying through that Sector - will 'lite up' on your VATSPY display.

Keith KIAH HM

ps: Not everyone needs this FIX! Clearly, if you were NOT missing Langden Radar sector whenever you were in their airspace, you already have that entry in the .DAT file. This FIX should ONLY be undertaken if you - like I was - had an install package for VATSPY where the .DAT file hadn't been recently updated.

FWIW... The FIRS/Sectors for the Australian Area are missing - for many (including myself). That'll be my next project - to get things sorted out correctly.

If any of you - who fly ONLINE and use VATSPY are able to see the various ARTCC Sectors 'Down Under'... please advise by replying to this post and I will attempt to help the less fortunate integrate all of the 'FIXes' into their .DAT file.