2017 Wrap Up and Happy New Year

All New/Stories related to the Capital City

Moderators: UAL045 Jason Wesche, UAL024 Eric Elia

UAL024 Eric Elia

2017 Wrap Up and Happy New Year

Post by UAL024 Eric Elia » January 1st, 2018, 1:25 pm

Good Morning from Southern California!

First let me wish all of you a Happy New Year, I hope that 2018 will be a good year for you and your family. For me personally the new year brings a slight career change and some new opportunities. I tentatively have 2018 to start working on my ppl so I can scratch it off my bucket list. Fingers Crossed. The new year promises to bring in some new aircraft for your hangar, something needed with the latest version of P3d now on many of our computers. The two aircraft I am looking forward to is the new Leonardo FlythemaddogX MD-82 P3d V4 and the B757 from Level-D Simulations. There are quiet a few more announced and expected to arrive in 2018, but these are my "must haves". I hope there is something out there for everyone's new favorite.

2017 was a mixed bag for us, as Dulles dropped off in hours. By that I mean we were unable to sustain consecutive 1000+ hour months as we had been able to in the past. We went close to 3 years of 1000+ hours months. Sometimes the real world gets in the way of us having fun, but taking care of yourself and your family is always your number one priority. We've cycled through a lot of pilots this last year, some of which is was to be expected. I think our current roster is the strongest it has been in a quite a long time as the hours and number of flights flown for December really saw an increase. We closed 2017 with over 1200 hours for December. Well done and a great way to transition into 2018.

Just a reminder that our CAT Free month has now ended, so please make sure that you are flying the aircraft your are rated for going forward. Hopefully some of you flew enough over the last month and holidays to remain in the "heavies".

Regards,

Eric

UAL518 Richard Walsh

Re: 2017 Wrap Up and Happy New Year

Post by UAL518 Richard Walsh » January 1st, 2018, 6:15 pm

Very excited about the Maddog. Was hoping to already have it but one of the developers selfishly got sick and required surgery (sarcasm in case anyone lacks humor). LeveLD has been in development for 12 years so I am not expecting much (I know they are supposedly in beta).

UAL024 Eric Elia

Re: 2017 Wrap Up and Happy New Year

Post by UAL024 Eric Elia » January 2nd, 2018, 11:16 pm

You're right Richie, who gave him permission to get sick without our approval? My longtime friend since before we could drive was back here visiting this last week, he is a Captain with Delta and still fly's the Maddog. I enjoy our visits as I always seem to get little bits of pilot trivia about the DC-9 / MD's from him. He has watched some of the new training videos for the upcoming release and thinks they've done and excellent job. Although he did mention, they (Delta) set the flaps before taxiing. ;)

I do agree with you on the Level-D "announcement" but I figure it's probably closer to reality since they were re-coding the 763 for P3d V4 and I am sure they share quite a bit in common.

Like the other lemmings, I'll just keep following the pack in anticipation for new aircraft to be released. Heck, at this rate PMDG might sneak another one in on us before any of the others....... :lol: