Overdue Awards

All New/Stories related to the Golden Gate City

Moderators: UAL044 Kevin Finch, UAL023 Jeremy Young

UAL044 Kevin Finch

Overdue Awards

Post by UAL044 Kevin Finch » July 4th, 2018, 10:53 am

I'm reviewing each pilot's flight records and adding awards for which they appear to be entitled. I have already completed Pilot IDs 400-410 and will post here as I complete each group of 10. If you think you're entitled to an award that is not on your record, please let Jeremy or myself know.

This is a one-time deal! It is up to each pilot to e-mail their Hub Manager and/or Assistant Hub Manager when they complete an award. Also, include this information in your PIREPs. The words "award", "tour" and "event" trigger manual PIREP reviews so it's a good way to flag that you've completed a tour or event, too. For tours, I only include the word "tour" or "award" in the last leg of the tour, so that all flights except the last one are processed automatically. For example, "Leg 9/11 - European Vacation", "Leg 10/11 - European Vacation" but "Leg 11/11 - European Vacation Tour".

Cheers.

UAL044 Kevin Finch

Re: Overdue Awards

Post by UAL044 Kevin Finch » July 19th, 2018, 3:32 pm

DONE!

As a result of this review, dozens of unclaimed awards were given to their rightful owners. Unclaimed awards, generally, fell into three categories: membership anniversaries, accumulated flight hours (vUAL and/or VATSIM), VATSIM certifications). Please, let us know when you achieve a milestone and we'll post the appropriate award(s).

Does this mean that everyone has all the awards to which they're entitled? In a word, no. It was pretty daunting to go over the vUAL records of about 100 KSFO pilots, checking dates, checking flight patterns, going back and forth over VATSIM stats. So, it's possible that you may still be owed an award. If you believe that's the case, please e-mail Jeremy and I.

UAL043 David Cross

Re: Overdue Awards

Post by UAL043 David Cross » July 19th, 2018, 11:48 pm

Thanks for your efforts!
--
David Cross – UAL043

Chicago – O’Hare

Assistant Hub Manager

kordahm@virtualunitedairlines.org