KIAH's Thursday Night Shorties... You know you want to!

All New/Stories related to the Golden Gate City

Moderators: UAL044 David Freeman, UAL023 Jeremy Young

UAL300 Jon Willhite

KIAH's Thursday Night Shorties... You know you want to!

Post by UAL300 Jon Willhite » February 26th, 2016, 9:44 am

Good Moaning Bay Area Pilots.

Its your fearless assistant leader here again to tell you about (like Billy Mays...) something you need. Thursday night shorties people, that's what you need. Thursday Night shorties is a VATSIM short haul event hosted by KIAH's very own, Kieth Rocke. Every Thursday Keith organizes a communal VATSIM flight under two hours for us all to get together and terrorize the friendly skies. this last Thursday we had an incredible trip down to Mexico City, and had ATC services by IAH's AHM Michael Rodriquez (great job Mike). I know alot of us love flying offline using our awesome AI packs, but come on, just this once, don't say no lol. Keith even Plans the routes and departures so you really don't have to do anything except try not to CFIT (controlled flight into terrain i.e. John Denver). Speaking of CFIT, this weeks Thursday Night Shortie 3/3 is from Denver KDEN to Houston George Bush (41) Intercontinental Airport KIAH here is the link viewtopic.php?f=41&t=9639

So get your butts over to KDEN on Thursday night for some good fun and potential danger as we make a mad dash to from the cold unforgiving Rocky Mountains to the warm welcoming arms of the Texas Coastal Plains

Hope to see you there

UAL008 Keith Rocke

Re: KIAH's Thursday Night Shorties... You know you want to!

Post by UAL008 Keith Rocke » March 23rd, 2016, 12:33 pm

Jon. Thanks in 'Hectopascals' for broadcasting the TNS events to your guys. It means a lot. Tomorrow, we're heading up to LaGuardia (aka LaGarbage) KLGA and have been cleared by NYARTCC to fumble through the Expressway Visual approach (at night) without taking out any cars or 18-wheelers on the Expressway :lol: .

I don't think Gary will fly this event - for obvious reasons - he loves taxiway landings and might choose to follow NYC Yellow Cabs heading to the terminal thinking they were "Follow Me" vehicles :roll:

Take care Jon.

Keith KIAH HM