phpVMS 7 ACARS

This is open discussion. Does not need to be UAL or Aviation related.
UAL916 Ray Browell

phpVMS 7 ACARS

Post by UAL916 Ray Browell » April 7th, 2020, 7:16 pm

I just saw that Nabeel DID create a new ACARS system from scratch for the new version of phpVMS he is releasing. That is great news! However, it is payware. Anyone not on his Discord that did not see this I thought you might like that info.

Take care and stay safe y'all! Keep the blue side up!
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy!

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

Re: phpVMS 7 ACARS

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » April 8th, 2020, 5:33 pm

Ray,

Thanks for the heads up. It could be something we look at as we are beginning re-working the entire site. The current version has been around a LONG time.

Gary
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines

UAL916 Ray Browell

Re: phpVMS 7 ACARS

Post by UAL916 Ray Browell » April 13th, 2020, 10:30 pm

Not a problem at all.

I wasn't able to stick around for the entire conversation but long enough to screen shot that main point where Nabeel stated he did write a script but it was going to be paid. If I can get the opportunity to get back on Discord and shoot the jive with them I will see if I can dig up more info. I'm sure it is not top secret if he already mentioned it once.

And yeah the current one is old for sure. Hell, I recall even when the first version of phpVMS came out. About 98% of the features that are in it me and a select (very few) group of folks still left at phpVMS were in on and suggested he add to it. I am just glad Simpilot Dave stuck around and kept it alive when Nabeel was gone for as long as he was or it could have ended up like dare I even mention it ...... VAM.
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy!

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.