English Premier League Fans?

This is open discussion. Does not need to be UAL or Aviation related.
UAL124 Joel Wolk

English Premier League Fans?

Post by UAL124 Joel Wolk » August 26th, 2018, 7:37 pm

Anyone here a fan of English Premier League?

The 2018/19 campaign is underway and would love to get some dialogue going if the ranks of vUAL include other PL fans.

My team is Everton, by the way.

UAL347 David Goudzwaard

Re: English Premier League Fans?

Post by UAL347 David Goudzwaard » August 27th, 2018, 9:22 pm

Chelsea fan here, ManU hater 😀

UAL124 Joel Wolk

Post by UAL124 Joel Wolk » August 28th, 2018, 8:16 am

UAL347 David Goudzwaard wrote:
August 27th, 2018, 9:22 pm
Chelsea fan here, ManU hater 😀
Yes, I am no fan of ManU nor Liverpool, for that matter :)

Three games and nine points for Chelsea - that's a good start!

Looks like Chelsea vs. Everton on November 10th.

UAL347 David Goudzwaard

Post by UAL347 David Goudzwaard » August 28th, 2018, 8:50 am

At least we share a common enemy! Especially with José Mourinho leaving Chelsea to go there. I really have nothing against Everton, but we can trash talk a bit :)

UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » August 29th, 2018, 9:15 pm

I lived near Southampton as a young child in the late 70s. I got to see them play a few games in Division 1...

So I am a die-hard Saints fan.

I also would go watch Bournemouth with my dad. They were a division 4 team back then, and sometimes there were more people playing the game on the field than in the stands watching at Dean Court. We would pay 2 pounds to stand behind the goal and watch them mostly lose while mom went shopping. I can't believe they are also in the Premier League now. The Cherries are my 2nd favorite team.

My dad was from Luton, so I also cheer for the Hatters.

Gary
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines

UAL347 David Goudzwaard

Post by UAL347 David Goudzwaard » August 30th, 2018, 7:07 am

That's pretty cool Gary. I never got into it until I lived in Scotland for a few years. You basically had to pick sides up there and since my daughters name is Chelsea, well.... :D

UAL124 Joel Wolk

Post by UAL124 Joel Wolk » August 30th, 2018, 8:27 am

UAL001 Gary Price wrote:
August 29th, 2018, 9:15 pm
I lived near Southampton as a young child in the late 70s. I got to see them play a few games in Division 1...

So I am a die-hard Saints fan.
Geez Gary - we missed one chance as Southampton and Everton already had a match in this young season but we will meet again January 19.

I confess I have never even been to the UK but am totally enamored with the sport. I became an Everton fan simply because I looked over all the PL teams and "something" about Everton just seemed to call out to me so there you go.

Go Toffees!

UAL001 Gary Price
CEO

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » August 30th, 2018, 10:50 pm

Joel,

I would have kept quiet... HAHA Southampton are in danger of going down this year, the team has no legit goal scorers again. Last year was so close, and we just barely escaped the relegation zone.....

I used to like Everton until Ronald Koeman, one of our former managers left to go there. He took a bunch of good players with him. Unfortunately things did not work out for him at Everton and he got fired in the beginning of last year....

Its going to be a long season for Southampton. Saints are like the Oakland As of EPL. The top 6 are way better than everyone else, and I think Man. City will repeat again this year. They are so deep, and so good!

Gary
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines

UAL347 David Goudzwaard

Post by UAL347 David Goudzwaard » September 1st, 2018, 10:32 pm

4-0 for Chelsea. I’m hopefully optimistic. Liverpool, Man City and the Spurs all starting strong.

UAL124 Joel Wolk

Post by UAL124 Joel Wolk » September 2nd, 2018, 4:24 pm

@ Gary: I have utmost respect for any fan who stays loyal to their team/club even when the prospects aren't good. So hats off to you for that. Although I am newer as a fan of the league I am prepared to stand by Everton even if they fall on hard times and even face relegation themselves (i.e. a "ForEverton"). And hey, Saints bagged 3 points this weekend in a win over Crystal Palace - there are six teams with fewer points than Southampton right now. I know, the season is still very young and there is much football yet to be played :)

@ David: Looking good Chelsea! Heckuva start and certainly can rest of their laurels heading into the break. And look at Watford! Big win over the Spurs and a perfect record so far - I did not really see that coming, myself.

This is fun stuff I hope we can keep the conversation going 8-)