FSInn - Installation - Usage

For discussion regarding FS9 and FSX
UAL008 Keith Rocke

FSInn - Installation - Usage

Post by UAL008 Keith Rocke » May 16th, 2016, 12:20 pm

Hello Pilots. I started this Topic to open up a place where our pilots...
  • a) wanting to use FSInn® Pilot Client
    b) having issues with installation
... can post their questions and ask for assistance. Although a casual GOOGLE©® search can and will provide a wealth of information about the topic, we're here to help as well.

Remember too. There's SquawkBox and vPilot Pilot Clients that will allow you to connect (which I don't use) to the VATSIM® Network.

Keith KIAH HM

UAL025 Dennis Lynn

Re: FSInn - Installation - Usage

Post by UAL025 Dennis Lynn » May 16th, 2016, 1:17 pm

Ok Keith, I'll bite! I have used FSInn for years now. Every once in a while it gets grumpy and the best fix is to uninstall and reinstall. Note that I did NOT say reinstall over the previous installation. Now that everything is going 64 bit (win 7,8,10) is there a reliable 64 bit version of FSInn?

Dennis

UAL008 Keith Rocke

Re: FSInn - Installation - Usage

Post by UAL008 Keith Rocke » May 16th, 2016, 5:52 pm

Ha Ha... DL... Sorry. No 64bit version (that I know of). Hell. The dev team has disbanded a long time ago. :evil: A clean install - like you've done - is the best approach. Also, there are a series of steps to perform after (immediately - after) that assures you're UP and RUNNING within 10-15 minutes or less.

Here's the link for the Installation: https://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=20466 Follow it to the letter :?:

It is WHEN all steps are followed AND the gremlins come out... that's the 'hair puller' for those with hair.

Keith KIAH HM