Freeware Scenery Avail for New Istanbul Airport - FSX. P3D and XP

For discussion regarding FS9 and FSX
UAL008 Kevin Finch
VP Events

Freeware Scenery Avail for New Istanbul Airport - FSX. P3D and XP

Post by UAL008 Kevin Finch » April 10th, 2019, 2:22 pm

You may have heard that Istanbul's LTBA Ataturk has all but ceased operation this week. Only GA, cargo and VIP flights are using it now and it will completely shut down next year. The new airport, LTFM, began operations this week.

Turkish Virtual Airlines (TVA) has freeware scenery available for FSX, P3D v4.3 and XP10/11 at https://turkishvirtual.com/turkishvirtu ... cenery.asp.

TVA says this scenery can be best viewed for the P3D and FSX if Orbx libraries and P3Dv4.3 SDK (Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.3.29.25520) is installed on your system.

XP11 pilots will need:
• Flags of The World,
• FF Library,
• MisterX Library,
• Open Scenery X V3.0.
• Download 'apt.dat' file here and overwrite the file via this patch: Resources\default scenery\default apt dat\Earth
• There are 2 sceneries within this pack, LTFM and LTBA. You need to install these versions together to see correct state of the airports. Do not forget to delete old LTBA before installing the new version.

I d/l'd the P3D version and I'm going to install it in P3DV4.5 - that's right, there was an update to that this week, too - and I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

Be advised, the 23Mb file was compressed into RAR so make sure your compression/decompression program can handle it; 7-zip does.

UAL008 Kevin Finch
VP Events

Re: Freeware Scenery Avail for New Istanbul Airport - FSX. P3D and XP

Post by UAL008 Kevin Finch » April 12th, 2019, 12:52 pm

No probs, whatsoever, running this in P3DV4.5; nice scenery, even has an operating windmill farm near the airport.

UAL008 Kevin Finch
VP Events

Re: Freeware Scenery Avail for New Istanbul Airport - FSX. P3D and XP

Post by UAL008 Kevin Finch » August 26th, 2019, 8:38 am

This airport doesn't appear in VATSpy, at least the stock one now available nor any of the updates that I've located online.

It's pretty easy to add it to VATSpy. Go to your VATSpy folder (C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\VAT-Spy) and make a backup copy of VATSpy.dat.

Open VATSpy.dat in a text editor, such as Notepad.

Scroll down to through the alphabetical list of airports to find the logical place to insert LTFM (between LTFJ and LUBL for me), press Enter/Return and add: LTFM|Istanbul Airport|41.1544|28.4340||LTAA|0

Save the file, choosing "All Files" - not just text files, and save as VATSpy.dat; overwrite "Yes" when asked.

Easy peezy, lemon squeezy!

I suggest that you keep a running text file of VATSpy edits, in case something happens to your VATSpy.dat file; then, it's easy to get back up to speed after a fresh install.