Help Requested--Non UAL Flight Sim Assistance... aircraft.cfg

For discussion regarding FS9 and FSX
UAL124 Joel Wolk

Help Requested--Non UAL Flight Sim Assistance... aircraft.cfg

Post by UAL124 Joel Wolk » December 22nd, 2018, 1:45 pm

Hey there vUAL gang... calling on anyone with good FS9 aircraft.cfg file knowledge...

So I am playing around with a fun little freeware Cessna Citation XLS that I found on flightsim.com...

Really like the plane, but it has one odd quirk... when I turn on the strobe lights, the standard flashing strobes at ends of wing tips activate... great. But there are also these weird smaller strobes on the top near the ends of the horizontal stabilizer. Never seen this before and I don't think its typical for GA or commercial aircraft to have strobes on the horizontal stabilizer. At least I don't really recall ever seeing such a thing.

Can I modify the aircraft.cfg file to get rid of them? Any guesses or thoughts anyone could offer?

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cockpit
light.0=3, -0.43, -28.4, -0.0, fx_navredh ,
light.1=3, -0.43, 28.4, -0.0, fx_navgreh ,
light.2=3, -25.371428, 0.00, 2.10, fx_strobe ,
light.3=2, -0.65, -28.380158, -0.0, fx_strobeh , //Leftwing strobe
light.4=2, -0.65, 28.380158, -0.0, fx_strobeh , //Rightwing strobe
light.5=4, 15.5, 0.0, 3.9 , fx_vclighth,

UAL124 Joel Wolk

Re: Help Requested--Non UAL Flight Sim Assistance... aircraft.cfg

Post by UAL124 Joel Wolk » December 23rd, 2018, 10:44 am

UAL143 Tim Haibach wrote:
December 22nd, 2018, 5:26 pm
You can try this, but disclaimer I'm not an expert.

1) create a copy of your cfg file and save it somewhere safe before you start tinkering
2) Ensure FS9 is not running or open, paused ect.
3) Delete the lines that say leftwing strobe and rightwing strobe.

*The list of integers are the code to identify the precise location of each light.

4) After deleting the 2 lines, save the version you edited in FS9 and restart the sim.

Please post either way if this solves the issue or the issue remains. You always have the backup cfg file that you can swap to return to original.

PS> Please post your current computer specs- CPU, memory + speed, graphics card, and size hard drive. I may need to speak to Santa to at least get you up to FSX if your computer will run it ;-)
Thanks Tim- I will give that a try!

I was kind of thinking along those lines but thought I would run it by the forums first before I took any action. I know if I save a copy of the .cfg I can go back to what I had if it doesn't work.

And thanks for putting a good word in for me with Santa! I am due for what I would call a "major upgrade" (hint: 64-bit) within two years. Since I've got everything set up in FS9 to exact taste, I'm going to just stand pat and keep dreaming of what's to come. :D It's gonna be great when that time does come, though!

UAL124 Joel Wolk

Re: Help Requested--Non UAL Flight Sim Assistance... aircraft.cfg

Post by UAL124 Joel Wolk » December 23rd, 2018, 2:23 pm

ual109 javier aldaz wrote:
December 22nd, 2018, 5:12 pm
Sorry Joel,
I am afraid I am not able to help at all :(
Javi
No worries, Javier... I appreciate that you took the time to read my post!

And thanks for your presence on the message boards... it does not go unnoticed! ;)

Participation on the message boards has helped to make this virtual airline what it is!