Aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!

All the general Virtual United Discussion happens here.
ual468 brian parker

Aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!

Post by ual468 brian parker » July 13th, 2018, 11:43 am

Well, gotta love mother nature. I just had to vent over 9 hours of flight lost due to an early morning thunderstorm kicking power out. Then when I had hours of maybe salvaging it, windows decided it would be a great time to update. Only 5 minutes from TOD on a CYVR-EDDM flight. Fml.

UAL043 David Cross

Re: Aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!

Post by UAL043 David Cross » July 14th, 2018, 12:35 am

1. Buy an APC. Mine will keep the computer running for 45 minuted with a power outage. Thats with game on load on the battery. Plus it is better for the computer to not just turn off. Plus you get power fluctuations etc ..Anyway i live in Florida where i loose power all the time due to storms.

2. Set a time that Windows will not update until your ready.

Windows 10. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update . Select Schedule the restart and choose a time that's convenient for you. Note: You can set active hours to make sure automatic restarts for updates only happen when you're not using the computer.

Hope this helps. .. i feel your pain. Been there.

Dave.

UAL044 Kevin Finch

Re: Aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!

Post by UAL044 Kevin Finch » July 15th, 2018, 7:46 pm

If you're flying FSX/Prepared, buy FSUIPC. You can set it to regularly save the state of your flight, re-boot after your system crash and finish your flight from just before the crash.