50 State Capital Tour

All the general Virtual United Discussion happens here.
UAL741 Joseph Kennedy

50 State Capital Tour

Post by UAL741 Joseph Kennedy » February 4th, 2018, 10:49 am

Hi all, new to the hobby and have been with the VA for about a month or so and I'm loving it. I'm going to attempt the 50 state capital tour and wanted to share my route (city by city) and see what everyone thinks of it. I'm planning on using the Saab 340 for the shorter legs and the BAE for the longer ones and the 737 for the last leg between Juneau and Honolulu. I'd appreciate any feedback, especially if you've completed the tour. Thanks!

Here's the route I'm planning on taking:

Starting in Trenton, NJ then to each of the following cities

Hartford, CT
Providence, RI
Boston, MA
Concord, NH
Augusta, ME
Montpelier, VT
Albany, NY
Harrisburg, PA
Annapolis, MD
Dover, DE
Richmond, VA
Raleigh, NC
Columbia, SC
Atlanta, GA
Tallahassee, FL
Montgomery, AL
Nashville, TN
Frankfort, KY
Charleston, WV
Columbus, OH
Indianapolis, IN
Lansing, MI
Madison, WI
Springfield, IL
Jefferson City, MO
Little Rock, AR
Jackson, MS
Baton Rouge, LA
Austin, TX
Oklahoma City, OK
Topeka, KS
Lincoln, NE
Des Moines, IA
St. Paul, MN
Bismarck, ND
Pierre, SD
Cheyenne, WY
Denver, CO
Santa Fe, NM
Phoenix, AZ
Salt Lake City, UT
Carson City, NV
Sacramento, CA
Salem, OR
Boise, ID
Helena, MT
Olympia, WA
Juneau, AK
Honolulu, HI

Let me know your route!

UAL916 Ray Browell

Re: 50 State Capital Tour

Post by UAL916 Ray Browell » February 5th, 2018, 7:16 pm

That is a nice tour to go on. I did it and the commuter tour back to back some years ago. Website crash, database crash (backups backups backups) and I left the VA for a while I come back and got like 23 hours credited to me lol Hell the commuter tour alone took more than that as well as the State capitols.

Enjoy that Tour. I really did! I started mine in HI and ended it there. Was a hell of a journey!

Keep the blue side up!
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy!

UAL868 John Szanto

Post by UAL868 John Szanto » February 10th, 2018, 3:20 pm

Oh the memories! I started in Juneau. Charleston was tricky. Landed at night in low visibility. It’s on a hill and came out of nowhere. Annapolis is small so choose your airframe wisely. The approach from Salt Lake into Carson City was fun. Enjoy!

UAL741 Joseph Kennedy

Post by UAL741 Joseph Kennedy » February 11th, 2018, 11:39 am

Just landed at Annapolis in what basically amounts to soup! The Saab was ready for the challenge though and a safe landing was made using most of the runway despite an initial missed approach and an eventual -452 FPS touchdown. Having a lot of fun with this tour so far! Can't believe I've already logged ten states. I'm sure it will get more slow going once I get out west and the capitals aren't nice and close. Dover next!

ual456 brian corwin

Post by ual456 brian corwin » May 12th, 2018, 3:10 am

I’m wondering why you didn’t come visit me at KDTW ;) KLAN is okay, about an hour north of me. But KDTW and KFNT is where the big movers are at :D

ual456 brian corwin

Post by ual456 brian corwin » May 12th, 2018, 3:12 am

UAL741 Joseph Kennedy wrote:
February 11th, 2018, 11:39 am
Just landed at Annapolis in what basically amounts to soup! The Saab was ready for the challenge though and a safe landing was made using most of the runway despite an initial missed approach and an eventual -452 FPS touchdown. Having a lot of fun with this tour so far! Can't believe I've already logged ten states. I'm sure it will get more slow going once I get out west and the capitals aren't nice and close. Dover next!
Which SAAB are you flying?